Master's students may apply to transfer to the PhD program during their second year at CU Boulder. However, you must fulfill the following requirements and submit the following documents:
- Be a student in our traditional, research-based master's program. Professional Master's Program students interested in this option should petition and receive prior approval by the Graduate Committee before applying.
- Must have completed at least one year within our ECEE-MS program and have a GPA of at least 3.5 in the program.
- Cumulative GPA of at least 3.5 in both undergrad and MS degree.
- Strong letter of support including funding plan from an ECEE faculty member.
Please email the following to the graduate advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Letter of support that includes a funding plan, from a sponsoring ECEE faculty member
- Copy of transcripts for undergraduate degree and MS degree
- Statement of purpose
- Resume with research and publication details
- Two more letters of recommendation
The Graduate Committee will review the application and make its decision on a case-by-case basis.
The deadline to submit is Dec. 15, annually. All applicants will be evaluated alongside all prospective PhD applicants for the next fall admissions cycle.