Affiliation: Rural Community Assistance Partnership
- PhD, University of Colorado Boulder, Civil and Environmental Engineering, 1989.
- MS, University of Florida, Materials Science and Engineering, 1978.
- BS, University of Florida, Chemistry, 1975.
- Effective training of water operators and boards in the areas of drinking water regulations, plant operations and maintenance, and long-term planning for small utilities.
- Activity Lead; Project 1: New Strategies for Technology Assessment and Implementation, Activity 4: Training Design Support Tool
Dr. Joy Barrett, Director of Training and Technical Services for the Rural Community Assistance Partnership (RCAP) will direct the training component of the project. RCAP is a national non-profit organization that focuses on training and technical assistance in drinking water and wastewater for small, rural communities and tribes. Joy will work closely with the organization’s Training Work Group, which is comprised of trainers from all of RCAP’s six regions. She has 30 years of experience working with community development organizations providing water technical assistance to small communities both in the United States and developing countries.