In honor of this upcoming Earth Day, the Conference on World Affairs at the University of Colorado Boulder is sharing it's efforts to make CWA a more eco-friendly event. Each year CWA reviews and considers new ways to improve it's environmental impact on the surrounding community and campus.
Listed below are some of the measures CWA has taken to become a greener event:
- Free public transportation in Boulder
- Reduction in printed materials
- CWA has accomplished a 675,000 page reduction from the annual printed program run over the past two years. This is possible in large part to use of the free CWA App and online schedule.
- Reduction of plastic on campus
- CWA participants are provided with reusable water bottles to use throughout CWA week, eliminating the use of plastic cups/water bottles.
- Livestream of CWA sessions
- Over 60 CWA sessions are available via livestream without charge, reducing travel expenses and impact of attendees. This year CWA livestream services were presented by CU Boulder Continuing Education.
Thank to you the CWA partners and supporters who help the conference reduce it's environmental impact each year. Any additional suggestions are welcome and can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.