Covid-19 Updates & Impacts on CUUB 2020-21 Academic Year
Due to the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic, the University of Colorado Boulder is operating on a hybrid model during the 2020-21 academic year. For more information and CU Boulder's coronavirus updates visit here.
We will continue to monitor the ongoing developments of the pandemic and give participants and prospective students updates on the CUUB 2021 Summer Academic Institute. CUUB agrees with the University's choice to prioritize safety, therefore, we will continue providing virtual services during the 2020-21 AY.
Students will still earn monthly stipends during the AY by attending the following sessions each month. These virtual sessions will take place over zoom and will begin on September 8th, 2020.
Students must attend these sessions each month:
- 2 advising sessions
- 1 instruction session
- 1 tutoring session
2020-21 AY Schedule
|Advising (Sophomores, Juniors & Seniors)||First & Third Tuesday of Each Month||7 PM MT|
|Tutoring (Everyone)||Every Thursday||7 PM MT|
|Tutoring (Everyone)||Every Sunday||12 PM MT|
|Instruction (Everyone)||Second & Fourth Tueday of Each Month||7 PM MT|
Again, students DO NOT need to attend every session but they do have to attend a minimum of 2 advising, 1 instruction, 1 tutoring for each month to earn their stipend. Students can pick and choose which dates work best with their schedule.
In order to ensure every participant has internet access and access to a laptop or computer to participate in virtual programming, CUUB iis providing hotspots and google chromebooks to students. If you are a CUUB student and you need access to the internet or a laptop, click here or email Tanaya (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Cassie (email@example.com).
Stay in touch and up-to-date with CUUB by following us on social media
- Twitter: @cuubupwardbound
- Instagram: @cuubupwardbound
- Facebook: CU-Upward Bound Program Page
Summer Academic Institute Dates (subject to change)
This Summer Academic Institute Dates are:
Sunday, June 13, 2020 - Student Orientation
Monday, June 14, 2020 - First Day of Classes
Friday, July 23, 2020 - Last Day of Classes
Saturday, July 24, 2020 - Closing Celebration for Students, Staff and Families
How to Use Zoom
Zoom is a video and audio conference platform. This allows the Upward Bound staff to contact you via your mobile phone or computer. This will be helpful for our summer virtual gatherings and classroom/study hall sessions.
|How To Use Zoom by a Phone Call||
1. On your phone, dial the teleconferencing number provided in your invite.
2. Enter the meeting ID number when prompted using your dial pad. You will most likely have a password to enter to join the meeting as well. This will be given to you by CUUB staff.
Note: If you have already joined the meeting via computer, you will have the option to enter your 2-digit participant ID to be associated with your computer. If you have not joined on your computer, simply press # again when prompted to enter in your participant ID.
|How To Use Zoom Through A Phone App||
1. Open the Zoom mobile app. If you have not downloaded the Zoom mobile app yet, you can download it from the Google Play Store.
2. Join a meeting using one of these methods:
3. Enter the meeting ID number and your display name.
4. Select if you would like to connect audio and/or video and tap Join Meeting. You will most likely have a password to enter to join the meeting as well. This will be given to you by CUUB staff.
|How To Use Zoom Through An Internet Browser||
1. Open Chrome.
2. Go to join.zoom.us.
3. Enter your meeting ID provided by the host/organizer.
4. Click Join.