Mornings at the Museum provides a hands-on introduction to the wonderful worlds of science, literacy, and nature! Have fun learning together as you examine museum specimens, make crafts, hear a story, and even make new friends! The program is free and will feature a different theme each week, so stop by weekly to experience a new wonder every time! Perfect for parents, grandparents, and caregivers with children ages 2-5.
- September 5: Birds on the Wing: Look and listen and flap your wings
- September 12: Colorful Fossilized Critters: Play with color to create your own
- September 19: Foods from Pollinators: Insects and flowers and food—oh my!
- September 26 : Seeds: Blowing in the wind
- October 3: Dinosaurs: Need we say more?
- October 10: Leaves: Are falling
- October 17: Let’s Dig: Search for clues from our human past
- October 24: Whooo Lives in the Trees: Bats, birds, and beetles
- October 31: Disguises: Costumes encouraged as we make masks and more
- November 7: Happy Feet: Move like the animals do
- November 14: Furry Fossils: Who was scurrying around under the dinos?
- November 21: Everything Eats: From teeth to scat
- December 5: Ice! Explore life in cold places
- December 12: Ornaments: Natural history ornaments to hang anywhere
- December 19: In the Dark: The nights are long and the moon is strong