[March 12, 2020, 5 p.m.]
We learned this afternoon that a CU Boulder employee has tested positive for COVID-19.
We are cooperating with Boulder County Public Health, which is investigating further details, including the risk of exposure.
What we know now is:
- We are working with Boulder County Public Health department, who is connecting with individuals who have been in contact with this employee and are asking them to stay home for 14 days and to monitor their symptoms per CDC guidelines
- We are already following public health guidance regarding additional cleaning and sanitation steps to prevent the further spread of the virus
- Our current understanding is that the employee worked on Monday, March 9 from 8 a.m. to noon in limited areas of the Center for Community. We are taking additional steps to close and disinfect any areas where it is confirmed this employee was present.
- In anticipation of the increasing likelihood of a positive COVID-19 case on campus, our campus began its transition to remote learning and working earlier this week.
- Based on the current information available, we do not believe a campus closure is warranted.
We are continuously monitoring this evolving situation and will take additional actions to protect the health and safety of our campus community as necessary.