Our canine-assisted therapy has been temporarily suspended due to COVID19 and CAPS being remote. We will resume our canine assisted therapy when operations return to in-person services.
Individual Canine-Assisted Therapy
- A student can request a CT through their therapist. If the therapist feels that it is clinically appropriate, the therapist can book the CT and include them in a session with a student.
- Anyone who requests for a CT will be asked to sign a consent form where they acknowledge that they don’t have allergies or a fear of dogs.
- There is no limit on how many times a student can book a CT as long as they have a scheduled session with their therapist/therapy group and the therapist feels that it is clinically appropriate.
- CTs are present only when scheduled by therapists for individual or group sessions.
- CTs cannot be scheduled as a session alone with the student. The dogs are just companions in a session with our therapist.