*Cash (and A/R) can always be applied to existing items, regardless of status.
Important information to consider:
Project Status Definitions
- S - Pre-Award: Project/SpeedType is active to incur expenditures before the start of the funding period. Expenses are not billed to the sponsor until the project status is switched to open with an awarded contract at award setup. This status may also indicate a project is in an at-risk extension period.
- O - Open: Project/SpeedType is active to incur expenditures from the start to the end of the project period.
- E - Ended: Project End Date + 1 day; ended status confirms the funding period has lapsed and preparations for final reporting and closeout begin. This period permits allowable expenditures for work performed within the project period, such as payroll, to post following the budget end date.
- R - Reporting: Project End Date + 60 days; reporting status confirms no additional payroll or non-personnel expenditures should be added or removed from the project while final financial deliverables are prepared. Projects will remain in reporting status until all payments are received from the sponsor and internal review has been completed to close and inactivate the Project/SpeedType.
- C - Closed: Project/SpeedType is inactive. No further transactions may be posted to or removed.
- H - Hold: Hold is a sparingly used status to indicate the active project has been placed on a contract hold. No sponsor invoicing or draw down of funds can occur.
Period of Performance
- Authorized: Timeframe in which we are able to bill, invoice, draw, recognize revenue. This is the sponsor's contractual period of performance for awards.
- Anticipated: Period of performance for awards in which we receive incrementally authorized subsets of time. This is used when the award spans multiple years