This position is part of the CU Conference Services (CUCS) team during the academic and summer months, working under the supervision of the event and academic space coordinator, as well as working with all other CUCS professional staff, clients and conference groups.
The senior conference operations assistant is responsible for completing tasks that assist the day-to-day office in implementing conferences and events. This front-line position is at times, the first point of contact for clients and guests. The successful candidate will gain experience in planning, organizing, customer service, communications and teamwork.
- Serve as the point person for the conference operations team
- Attend conference coordinator meetings, gather staff/office needs and delegate tasks to the conference operations team. Participate in team to complete tasks
- Determine team’s weekly work schedules based on conference needs and staff availability
- Track and manage all CUCS audio-visual and other equipment
- Monitor conference room audio-visual equipment and troubleshoot for clients and guests as needed
- Track and deliver all incoming and outgoing conference mail, deliveries and shipments
- Assist with on-site conference logistics and the execution of conference events and registrations
- Other duties as assigned
- This position starts in the spring semester by attending monthly trainings, then works up to 25-35 hours a week in the summer months. Taking classes or having additional jobs will not be permitted in the summer
- A valid driver’s license and successful background check
- Must be a currently enrolled University of Colorado student in good standing. To work in the summer, must be an enrolled University of Colorado student for the 2019 fall semester
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Preferred Qualifications & Skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Skills in planning, organizing, problem-solving, managing multiple tasks and attention to detail
- Ability to lead a team, build team relationships, and follow up to ensure tasks have been completed
- Ability to work independently with little supervision and as part of a team, handling multiple deadlines and projects
The senior conference operations assistant earns $11.25 per hour. These hours are not to exceed 50 hours over a two-week pay period during the spring semester and 80 hours over a two-week pay period during the summer. Hours will flex from week to week, based on conference and office needs. Time off requests are subject to manager approval and based on conference needs and staff availability. Due to the nature of the work, some early mornings, evenings, and weekend shifts will be required.