This position works under the supervision of the assistant director of conference operations and the assistant director of residence hall operations as well as other professional CUCS and Residence Life staff.
The residential services manager is responsible for the day-to-day housing operations of the residence halls. This paraprofessional job will have varied responsibilities depending on placement but will be scheduled 40+ hours per week. This full-time, live-in salaried, temporary job is during the summer months only, running from May 13 through August 3 or 10. Training will be Saturday, April 13.
There are some on-call components to this position, and it will require some weekend and evening hours with several duty shifts each week and desk coverage as needed.
The successful candidate will have strong attention to detail and excellent customer service skills.
- Assist with preparation and execution of all aspects of the conference housing process
- Hall policy enforcement
- Support front desk staff scheduling and operations
- Data entry using the summer conference computer program Kx
- Completing conference billing conference closeout procedures
- This position will work with checks, and credit cards and staff needs to be detailed, accurate, good with numbers and the conference computer programs
- Assignment of rooms for conference guests
- Knowledge of card encoding systems
- Respond to all conference needs via emails and phone messages, computer work, handling inquiries and process-oriented questions
- Interact and effectively communicate with professional staff and student CA and NCA staff working the desks
- Additional special projects as assigned
Note: Due to the demands of this position, second jobs and classes are not allowed.
Qualifications & Skills
- A demonstrated interest in customer service: This person must have excellent customer services skills as they will handle many situations with conference guests and staff
- A high level of maturity and professional conduct
- Computer skills and willingness to learn conference management software
- Ability to work independently with little supervision, handling multiple deadlines and projects
- Task and detail oriented
- Enjoys working in a diverse, professional environment
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. occasionally
- Weekend and evening hours as necessary
- A valid driver’s license and successful background check are mandatory for this position
- Must be a currently enrolled University of Colorado student in good standing
- Ability to delegate tasks and lead a team of student staff
This residential services manager position is a salaried position earning room & board plus a $250/week stipend. Hours will flex from week to week based on needs.
Submit a resume and custom cover letter through the eRezlife system by Friday, February 16, 2019, 5:00 pm (MST). .
Questions may be directed to Andrea Kragerud, Assistant Director, Conference Operations: 303-492-5151 or email@example.com.