This position is part of the CU Conference Services (CUCS) and is a one-year paid internship opportunity working under the supervision of the sales and marketing coordinator. The ideal candidate will be able to think strategically and see how social media fits into a business's marketing strategy. The candidate must be able to assist in formulating and executing on social media plans, as well as measure and document the impact of social media while providing recommendations/next-steps to increase social impact. The successful candidate will gain experience in collegiate conference marketing and communication in addition to professional development skills including communication, teamwork, customer service, design and marketing. Hours during the academic school year can be from five to 10 hours per week. Hours will increase in the summer months up to 30-40 hours per week.
- Maintain current social media pages (Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram) by keeping an updated marketing calendar
- Assist in on-going formulation of social media strategy
- Upload relevant videos and photos to social media pages
- Collaborate with the Student Affairs Communications team on projects - including print advertisements, "who's on campus" newsletter and other print needs
- Increase reach to campus/city/state/national clients and engage with followers by replying to comments or messages
- Write/post various content
- Track the growth and the impact of social media on CUCS and report findings to the team with recommendations for next steps
- Participate in the planning, production and advertisement of the CUCS internal events
- Participate and attend conference and/or other relevant events to develop and apply learned skills to conference operations as well as post content from events.
- Support the CUCS Assistant Director with updating and streamlining the client survey and ensure its timely dissemination. Track results
- Develop and manage internal communications
- Maintain CU Boulder branding standards and embrace the CUCS mission
- Support client appreciation programs - client gifts, end-of-year appreciation gifts, client open house, etc.
- Maintain and update the CUCS website as needed
- Attend trade shows with the sales and marketing coordinator
- Weekend and evening hours are required as necessary
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to work 5-10 hours per week during the academic year and up to 30-40 hours per week in the summer (taking classes or having additional jobs will not be permitted in the summer)
- A demonstrated interest in marketing and social media
- Ability to work independently with little supervision handling multiple deadlines and projects
- Excellent customer service skills
- A high level of maturity and professional conduct
- Ability to create and post content to Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn (minor video editing skills a plus)
- Creative, but also task and detail-oriented
- A commitment to begin fall semester and stay through the following summer
- A valid driver’s license and successful background check
- Must be a currently enrolled University of Colorado student in good standing. To work in the summer, must be an enrolled University of Colorado student for the 2019 fall semester
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
This marketing and social media intern earns $12.95 per hour. These hours are not to exceed 50 hours over a two-week pay period during the spring semester and 80 hours over a two-week pay period during the summer. Hours will flex from week-to-week based on conference and office needs. The schedule for this position will not allow for more than four consecutive vaction days during the summer. Time off requests are subject to manager approval and based on conference needs and staff availability. Due to the nature of the work, some early mornings, evenings and weekend shifts will be required.
To apply for this position, please visit our student job application. After you have completed the initial application, you will be asked to provide a creative sample of your work (i.e. writing, print, photo, video, presentation, etc.) that demonstrates your creative style. First preference will be given to applications received by Feb.1, 2019. Have questions? Please contact CU Conference Services at email@example.com or 303-492-5150.