This position is part of the CU Conference Services (CUCS) team during the spring and summer months, working under the supervision of the business services manager, as well as working with the Bear Creek housing operations team, all other CUCS professional staff, interns, clients and conference groups.
The internship lodging program (ILP) Intern is responsible for the day-to-day planning, coordination and implementation of the CU Conference Services intern lodging program. The successful candidate will gain experience in planning and coordinating logistics, budget and contract management, event implementation, communications, teamwork and customer service. This position is based in the CU Conference Services office and is integral to the leadership, support, and coordination of the intern lodging program.
- Coordinate the planning and execution of all intern lodging logistics; both pre-conference and on-site
- Prepare and execute contracts describing facilities and services
- Manage individual intern lodging registration website: follow-up on outstanding balances, accurately process payments and reporting of financial transactions to HDS finance
- Maintain accurate expense and billing records. Create final invoices for intern lodging clients
- Provide training, direction, and support to all intern lodging staff regarding conference service operations & responsibilities
- Interact and effectively communicate (both verbally and in writing) with clients, staff and interns
- Collaborate with the CUCS/Bear Creek senior assistant on Bear Creek conference and intern logistics
- Attend weekly staff meetings and actively report on assigned responsibilities
- Oversee and support intern lodging check-ins and check-outs
- Coordinate mail & packaging services for intern lodging guests
- Serve in an on-call capacity as a resource for interns and campus partners
- Special projects as assigned
- 5-10 hours a week during the academic year (based on availability) and up to 30-40 hours a week in the summer. Taking classes or having additional jobs will not be permitted in the summer
- A valid driver’s license and successful background check
- Must be a currently enrolled University of Colorado student in good standing. To work in the summer, must be an enrolled University of Colorado student for the 2019 fall semester
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs. occasionally
Preferred Qualifications & Skills
- Skills in organizing, problem-solving, multi-tasking, communications, follow-up and attention to detail
- A demonstrated passion for, and interest in conference and event management
- A high level of maturity and professional conduct. Professional telephone and email demeanor
- Ability to work independently with little supervision, handling multiple deadlines and projects
- Enjoys working in a diverse, professional environment
- Customer service experience
The conference services intern earns $12.00 per hour. These hours are not to exceed 50 hours over a two-week pay period during the spring semester and 80 hours over a two-week pay period during the summer. Hours will flex from week to week based on conference and office needs. The schedule for this position will not allow for more than four consecutive vacation days during the summer. Time off requests are subject to manager approval and based on conference needs and staff availability. Due to the nature of the work, some early mornings, evenings, and weekend shifts will be required.
Apply for internship lodging program intern position. Once you submit your application form, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. First preference will be given to applications received by February 2, 2018. Questions? Please contact CU Conference Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or 303-492-5151.