This position is part of the CU Conference Services (CUCS) team during the academic and summer months, working under the supervision of the event and academic space coordinator, as well as working with all other CUCS professional staff, clients and conference groups. The conference operations assistant is responsible for completing tasks that assist the day-to-day office in implementing conferences and events. This front-line position is, at times, the first point of contact for clients and guests. The successful candidate will gain experience in planning, organizing, customer service, communications and teamwork.
- Deliver, set up, and tear down audio-visual and other equipment (i.e. tables, chairs, etc.) in conference meeting rooms and residence hall bedrooms
- Track and manage inventory for all CUCS audio-visual and other equipment
- Monitor conference room audio-visual equipment and troubleshoot for clients and guests as needed
- Track and deliver all incoming and outgoing conference mail, deliveries and shipments
- Assist with on-site conference logistics and the execution of conference events and registrations
- Maintain organized storage spaces
- Other duties as assigned
- This position starts in the spring semester by attending monthly trainings, then works up to 25-35 hours a week in the summer months. Taking classes or having additional jobs will not be permitted in the summer
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Ability to problem solve, work as a team player and manage multiple priorities
- Desire to learn and adapt to an ever-changing environment
- A valid driver’s license and successful background check
- Must be a currently enrolled University of Colorado student in good standing. To work in the summer, must be an enrolled University of Colorado student for the 2019 fall semester
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
The conference operations assistant earns $11.10 per hour. These hours are not to exceed 50 hours over a two-week pay period during the spring semester and 80 hours over a two-week pay period during the summer. Hours will flex from week to week, based on conference and office needs. Time off requests are subject to manager approval and based on conference needs and staff availability. Due to the nature of the work, some early mornings, evenings, and weekend shifts will be required.