The University of Colorado Boulder Conference Services (CUCS) is one of the leading university conference operations in the country. CUCS creates value-driven experiences that drive positive impressions for the University, our clients, and the participants of these events.
As a paid employee, this position is part of the Conference Services team working under the supervision of the Assistant Director of Conference Operations (AD-CO) and the Assistant Director of Residence Hall Operations as well as working with other CUCS professional staff, residence life staff and students.
This Residential Services Manager position is responsible for the day-to-day housing operations of the Residence Halls. This paraprofessional job will have varied work responsibilities depending on placement and will be scheduled to work 40(+) hours a week. This is a full-time, live in, salaried, temporary job during the summer months only. The position will begin on Monday, May 11th going through August 2nd or 9th. There will be some spring training sessions in April 2020.
This position also has an on-call component and requires weekend and evening work with several duty shifts each week in addition to providing desk coverage as needed.
The successful candidate will have strong attention to detail and excellent customer service skills. The position starts in May with training and will continue through the first week in August. Exact contract end date will be negotiated with final candidates.
- Involved in all aspects of the conference experience, including but not limited to the following:
- Assist with preparation and execution of all aspects of the conference housing process
- Hall policy enforcement
- Support front desk staff scheduling and operations
- Data entry using the summer conference computer program Kx
- Completing conference billing conference close out procedures
- This position will work with checks, and credit cards and staff needs to be detailed, accurate, good with numbers, and the conference computer programs
- Assignment of rooms for conference guests
- Knowledge of card encoding systems
- Respond to all conference needs via e-mails & phone messages, computer work, handling inquiries and process oriented questions
- Interact and effectively communicate with professional staff and student CA and NCA staff working the desks
- Additional special projects as assigned
*Note: Due to the demands of this position, second jobs & classes are not allowed.
Qualifications & Skills
- A demonstrated interest in customer service: This person must have excellent customer services skills as they will handle many situations with conference guests and staff.
- A high level of maturity and professional conduct
- Computer skills and willingness to learn conference management software
- Ability to work independently with little supervision, handling multiple deadlines and projects
- Task and detail oriented
- Enjoys working in a diverse, professional environment
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. occasionally
- Weekend and evening hours as necessary
- A valid driver’s license and successful background check are mandatory for this position
- Must be a currently enrolled University of Colorado student in good standing
- Ability to delegate tasks and lead a team of student staff
- This is a LIVE-IN Position
This Residential Services Manager position is a salaried position earning Room & Board plus a $250/week stipend. Hours will flex from week to week based on needs.
Submit a resume and custom cover letter through the eRezlife system by Friday, February 14, 2020 5pm (MST). cuboulder.erezlife.com
Questions may be directed to Andrea Kragerud, Assistant Director, Conference Operations: (303) 492-5151 or email@example.com.