The University of Colorado Boulder Conference Services (CUCS) is one of the leading university conference operations in the country. CUCS creates value-driven experiences that drives positive impressions for the University, our clients and the participants of these events.
As a paid employee, this position is part of the Conference Services team working under the supervision of the Assistant Director of Conference Operations and the Assistant Director of Residential Operations as well as working with other CUCS professional staff, residence life staff and students.
The Residential Services Assistant (RSA) position is responsible for day-to-day support of the summer conference operations occurring within the residence halls. This position will work directly with the Residential Services Manager position to ensure a smooth and effective service desk for conference clients. This job is highly involved in guest relations and must deliver a high-level of customer service. The successful candidates will have strong attention to detail and excellent customer service skills. The position starts in May with training and ends in early August.
- Perform reception and clerical duties for summer guests.
- Work directly with the Residential Services Manager position to ensure all aspects for each conference are ready to go in the hall, including but not limited to: encoding key cards, room checks, setting linens, creating welcome signage and ensuring any other program materials are ready for conference arrival.
- Support conference guests during their time on campus including but not limited to: lock outs, questions about the CU Boulder Campus and surrounding areas, facility concerns and general customer service.
- Work directly with the Residential Services Manager to close out each conference, including but not limited to collecting access cards, checking guests out of the system and ensuring group signage is removed post event.
- Collaborate with the Conference Coordinators throughout the process to ensure information is collected and saved effectively.
- Be willing to fill a variety of needs as dictated by each event.
- Communicate status of tasks to other members of the team to ensure all tasks are completed in a timely manner. Be willing to communicate questions or concerns in real time and follow desk procedures.
- Be detailed and accurate with collecting check in and check out information for accurate billing.
- Be consistent and reliable showing up to shifts, be responsive to requests and be able to pick-up and learn new processes and follow them.
- Provide resources and information to students, administrators, and guests.
- Be able to sucessfully interact and effectively communicate with professional staff and guests.
- Second jobs, classes and vacations must be approved in advance.
Qualifications & Skills
- A demonstrated interest in customer service.
- An ability to be flexible and adaptable based on the needs of the operation.
- A high level of maturity and professional conduct.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision, handling multiple deadlines and projects.
- Task and detail oriented.
- Enjoys working in a diverse, professional environment.
- 30-40 available working hours May-August (to meet needs of the conferences). Must be able to work a minimum of 20 hours per week.
- Weekend and evening hours as necessary.
- A successful background check is mandatory for this position.
- Must be a currently enrolled University of Colorado student in good standing.
This Residential Services Assistant position starts at $15.00 per hour; night- time shifts (Midnight-6 a.m.) will be compensated at $15.30 per hour. Student hours are not to exceed 80 hours over a two- week pay period during the summer semester. Hours will flex from week to week based on needs.
Click here to apply for this position.
Submit a resume and custom cover letter through the eRezlife system. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis startingFriday, April 1, 2022.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans, DACA recipients and individuals with disabilities.
CU Conference Services