The University of Colorado Boulder Conference Services (CUCS) is one of the leading university conference operations in the country. CUCS creates value-driven experiences that drive positive impressions for the University, our clients, and the participants of these events.
As a paid employee, this position is part of the Conference Services team working under the supervision of the Assistant Director of Conference Operations & the Assistant Director of Residential Operations as well as working with other CUCS professional staff, residence life staff and students.
This Residential Services Assistant position is responsible for day-to-day support of the summer conference operations occurring within the residence halls. This position will work directly with the Residential Services Manager position to ensure all aspects for each conference are ready for the anticipated arrival. This job is involved in working with guest relations and must deliver a high-level of customer service. The successful candidates will have strong attention to detail and excellent customer service skills. The position starts in May with training and ends in August.
• Performs reception and clerical duties for summer guests.
• Work directly with the Residential Services Manager position to ensure all aspects for each conference are ready to go in the hall. This will include but is not limited to: encoding key cards, room checks, linens set, welcome signage and any other program materials are ready for conference arrival.
• Being consistent and reliable showing up to shifts, responsive to and ability to pick-up and learn new processes and follow them.
• Position provides resources and information to students, administrators and guests: Interact and effectively communicate with professional staff and candidates
• Second jobs & classes must be approved in advance.
Qualifications & Skills
• A demonstrated interest in customer service: This person must have excellent customer services skills as they will handle many guest’s initial telephone calls and questions at the front desks as well as flexibility to meet the needs of the residence halls.
• A high level of maturity and professional conduct.
• Ability to work independently with little supervision, handling multiple deadlines and projects.
• Task and detail oriented.
• Enjoys working in a diverse, professional environment.
• Required 20 hours a week minimum scheduled hours.
• 30-40 available working hours May-August (to meet needs of the conferences)
• Weekend and evening hours as necessary.
• A successful background check is mandatory for this position.
• Must be a currently enrolled University of Colorado student in good standing.
The Residential Services Assistant earns $11.10 per hour and the Night Residential Services Assistant earns $12.00 per hour.