Class of 2020 graduates (including winter 2019 and spring 2020) are invited to a livestreamed commencement ceremony on Saturday, May 16, 2020. Graduates are welcome to return to campus in May 2021 to walk in the university commencement ceremony and attend special recognition events. Read more on the spring ceremony website.
Important Folsom Field Information
The stadium gates will open at 7:00 a.m. the morning of the ceremony. Guests should be in their seats by 8:15 a.m. in order to watch the student processional into the stadium. Early arrival guarantees the best seating. No tickets are required for the ceremony.
The event will be held in Folsom Field regardless of the weather. Colorado weather in May can be unpredictable. We therefore encourage guests to watch the weather forecast so that they may plan and dress accordingly. In the event of rain, the ceremony will be held in abbreviated form.
Folsom Field Clear Bag Policy Enforced
Folsom Field complies with all TSA and Homeland Security prohibited items lists. The only bags allowed are bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12” x 6” x 12” or one-gallon (or smaller) clear plastic Ziploc/freezer bag. No other bags are permitted at all; includes backpacks, diaper bags and other similar bags. More details can be found here.
For Your Safety
The University of Colorado Boulder works diligently to provide for the safety of our graduates, their families, and their friends during the Spring 2019 Commencement Exercises. You can do your part by noting the following:
- Clear bag policy for Folsom Field, please click here to review.
- Review the List of Items Prohibited in Folsom Field
- Once you are seated in Folsom Field, locate the nearest exit to your seat. If you are seated on the field level, you should exit north (toward Dal Ward Athletic Center).
- Listen carefully and follow any instructions which may be issued by the Master of Ceremonies or other public safety authority.
- Parents should keep their children with them at all times.
- Pay particular attention to the safety of any elderly persons or persons with disabilities.
- If directed to evacuate Folsom Field, please move away from the stadium and remain outside until you have been given an “all-clear” by a public safety authority.
- If necessary, seek assistance from a robed Commencement marshal, uniformed police officer, or designated security guard.