An archive of materials, fugitive and not, from center director Stewart M. Hoover’s scholarly career.
We are in the process of making the below PDFs accessible and will update this page soon. Until then, you're welcome to contact us with questions.
- The Controversial 1984 Annenberg-Gallup study of religious broadcasting. Never published in its original form with a volume of tables and figures.
- Stewart Hoover’s first ICA paper on media and religion, delivered in 1986.
- A lecture delivered to a denominational communications group in 1989.
- The original Lilly-funded study of religion news, published in 1990.
- An article in Barcelona’s LaVanguardia featuring an interview. Published in 2012.
- Stewart Hoover’s 2012-13 sabbatical report.
Audio files containing important and historical interviews and lectures, featuring Stewart Hoover:
- Fresh Air with Terry Gross interview May 9, 1984 on Televangelism
- Lecturer, Annual Fosdick Seminars on Preaching, Riverside Church, New York, “Preaching in America: Speaking Truth to Power” Oct. 1982: part 1 and part 2. Topic: American Televangelism.
- Fresh Air with Terry Gross interview Oct. 16, 1984 on the Grenada invasion
- Fresh Air with Dave Davies interview unknown date (1983-4) on Caribbean media in the video age
- Interview with Religion and Ethics Report, a radio program on ABC radio in Australia, about the way religion was discussed in the media coverage of the 2016 election.