Deadline to apply for Practicum Enrollment is 11/1 for Fall Semester and 4/22 for Spring Semester.
NOTE: PRACTICUM MAY BE DONE ONLY FOR PROJECTS WITHIN THE DEPARTMENT OF
CINEMA STUDIES AND MOVING IMAGE ARTS AS PART OF CLASS OR AS DIRECTED BY FACULTY.
PRACTICUMS MAY BE APPLIED FOR WITHOUT AN ASSOCIATED CREW CALL.
PRACTICUMS CANNOT BE DONE RETROACTIVELY. PRACTICUM CANDIDATES ARE ADVISED TO CONFIRM ENROLLMENT BEFORE WORKING ON A PROJECT DIRECTOR'S PRODUCTION.
If you meet on of the following criteria, please consult with your advisor prior to practicum enrollment:
· Students under GI Bill
· Students who are already enrolled in exactly 18 credits
· Students who are already enrolled in exactly 21 credits
· In-state students who are under 12 credits
MAKE SURE YOU ARE SUBMITTING/FINISHING THE FORM, OR YOUR REQUEST WILL NOT BE PROCESSED.
NOTE: ACCURACY ON THE WEBFORM IS ESSENTIAL OR YOUR CALL MAY NOT BE POSTED.
FOR QUESTIONS OR REQUESTS FOR MODIFYING POSTINGS, PLEASE CONTACT the PRACTICUM COORDINATOR'S OFFICE AT FILMMOFFICE@COLORADO.EDU.
The Boarding House Reach
Director: Geoff Marslett
A hybrid animated existential western including a team of animators who have worked on or with Waking Life, MARS, Gen: Lock, Scanner Darkly, Red vs. Blue, and many more films and video games and graphic novels).
1. Taking green screen footage and working out keys, clean up, and motion tracking – this will
be done in After Effects. Possibly hand tracking backgrounds. Possibly compositing
2. Hand rotoscoping characters out of backgrounds, or key elements out of backgrounds in
After Effects, Photoshop or Flash/Animator.
3. Painting/drawing rotoscoped characters for final screen image.
4. If there is anyone with 3D modeling experience, there may also be an opportunity to work
with the 3D team.
5. If you are interested there is also one opportunity to work with the LA based post production
supervisor. This would involve filmmaker pro organizational work and premiere organizational
work. Scene naming, scheduling, tracking progress, etc.