The Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering at the University of Colorado Boulder is currently accepting applications for the Max S. Peters Faculty Development Postdoctoral Fellowship Program. The aim of this program is to prepare exceptional postdoctoral candidates for careers in academia by providing training for obtaining a faculty position, writing proposals, teaching, and managing a research group . Additionally, the program provides funds for travel to conferences. Applicants will be offered competitive salary and benefits that are commensurate with qualifications. Candidates must have earned a PhD in chemical or biological engineering or related discipline and will be evaluated on their potential to become leaders in the engineering community. Fellowships may commence at any time are expected to have a minimum duration of 15 months, which may be extended based on satisfactory progress.
To apply, applicants must submit:
- A curriculum vitae
- A research proposal (2 page limit) that indicates a primary sponsor from the faculty that the candidate would work with. It is strongly encouraged that applicants contact potential faculty during preparation of their application to discuss research opportunities in their group.
- A statement of career goals (2 page limit) that highlights the research direction they would pursue in a future faculty position.
- Letters of recommendation (2) that highlight the applicant’s potential to become a leader in their respective field.
- Internal letter of support from primary faculty sponsor.
- Applications and external and internal letters of recommendation should be submitted via the Jobs at CU website (reference posting number: 817382).
Interested candidates may direct questions about the program or application process to Prof Charles Musgrave via phone at 303-735-0411 or email at email@example.com.