CU Boulder Where You Are: An Online Series Highlighting Teaching, Research and Innovation, took the place of Chancellor Philip P. DiStefano’s annual visits to communities across Colorado with coaches or academic experts. The in-person state outreach tour was cancelled in 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The first season’s format allows alumni, friends, students and parents to join in an engaging discussion and learn more about the state’s flagship campus and the breadth and depth of its many academic disciplines, along with arts, culture and athletics.
Each series segment is produced in a talk show format with various experts. The series is free and open to the public.
- July 16, 2020: CU Dance: The Bridge, the Break and Belonging with Theatre & Dance Chair and Associate Professor Erika Randall; Assistant Professor and Assistant Chair of Dance Helanius Wilkins; and Dance Instructor Larry Southall
- July 21, 2020: Stand Up for Climate Change: Using the Power of Humor to Start the Conversation with Environmental Studies Professor and climate communicator Max Boykoff and Beth Osnes, associate professor of theatre and associate of the Environmental Studies faculty
- July 28, 2020: Falling in Love with a Landscape at the Bottom of the World with Environmental Studies Assistant Professor Cassandra Brooks
- Aug. 4, 2020: Collegiate Sports in 2020: What’s Next for the Buffs with Athletic Director Rick George and Football Coach Karl Dorrell
- Aug. 13, 2020: Promoting Social Justice through Communication Research with communication Professor Larry Frey
- Aug. 20, 2020: The Women Who Run with Ralphie with AD George and Taylor Stratton, manager of CU’s Ralphie Live Mascot Program