CHA summer stipends are designed for graduate students conducting research in the humanities and the arts during the summer months. The $5,000 stipend will be paid to the student at the end of May ($2,500) and end of June ($2,500). The excellence of the project will be the main criterion for selection.
The deadline to apply for Summer 2021 is Friday, March 19, 2021
- Students must be currently enrolled in a master's or doctoral level program at CU Boulder and be enrolled in fall 2021 credits.
- Students must be working in the humanities or arts.
- Students may not hold another summer fellowship or receive a stipend (in any amount) so those already receiving university-sponsored summer 2021 funding are not eligible to apply. This includes summer Lecturer, GPTI,TA ,or RA appointments.
- Any eligible student may submit an application.
Nomination packet must include:
1. Cover Letter (double-spaced, 12 pt. font, one page or less). Please indicate which degree program you are currently in, note where you are in your program requirements, and why this fellowship would be timely.
2. Proposal (double-spaced, 12 pt. font, one page or less/two pages if you're adding artistic images to support your proposal). Provide details regarding your research project/interests and lay out what you hope to accomplish over the summer that will aid you in completing your thesis or dissertation. There is no requirement to complete anything, the funds are meant to support furthering your research. Please do not include a budget.
4. Letter of Support from either your department chair or advisor. If preferred, the letter of support may be emailed by the deadline as a separate document to Sharon Van Boven.
Combine cover letter, proposal, CV, and letter of support into a single .pdf and email to Sharon Van Boven. Feel free to review sample applications (cover letters/proposals only) prior to submitting. Incomplete and/or late applications will not be considered.
Friday, March 19, 2021. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
By Sept 1, please email Sharon Van Boven a 300-600 word summary (double spaced, 12 point font) of how the summer fellowship aided in furthering your dissertation or thesis research. If you prefer to write this as a letter, feel free to address it to “Dear CHA” — we ask for this information because we’d like to know the impact of the award on your research and to possibly include quotations on our website or other CHA materials. If you do not want this information shared with anyone outside of the CHA, please indicate that this information is for CHA eyes only.