Associate Professor • Lewis-Worcester Faculty Fellow
Building Systems Engineering • Civil Systems • Engineering Science
- PhD (05/2010) Mechanical Engineering, Purdue University, USA
- MSc (07/2005) Computational Engineering, Friedrich-Alexander-University Erlangen-Nuremberg, Germany
- MEng (06/2003) Automation, Chongqing University, China
- BSc (07/2000) Automation, Chongqing University, China
- Smart, Sustainable, and Resilient City
- Building and District Energy Systems
- Indoor Environment Modeling
- Building Controls Design and Optimization
- Distinguished Service Award, ASHRAE, 2017.
- Eliahu I. Jury Early Career Research Award, College of Engineering, University of Miami, 2016.
- SEEDS You Choose Leadership Award, University of Miami, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016.
- Emerging Professional Award in recognition of superior early achievement in the field of energy modeling, IBPSA-USA, 2016.
- Provost Research Award, University of Miami, 2014.
- Best Poster Award, IBPSA-USA Winter Meeting, Chicago, IL, 2009
- W. Tian, T. A. Sevilla, W. Zuo, M. Sohn 2017 “Coupling Fast Fluid Dynamics and Multizone Airflow Models in Modelica Buildings Library to Simulate Dynamics of HVAC Systems Building and Environment”, accepted by Building and Environment.
- S. Huang, W. Zuo, M. Sohn 2017 “A Bayesian Network Model for Predicting Cooling Load of Commercial Buildings”, accepted by Building Simulation, DOI: 10.1007/s12273-017-0382-z
- W. Tian, T. A. Sevilla, D. Li, W. Zuo, M. Wetter 2017 “Fast and self-learning indoor airflow simulation based on In Situ Adaptive Tabulation”, accepted by Journal of Building Performance Simulation.
- S. Huang, A. Malara, W. Zuo, M. Sohn 2017, “A Bayesian Network Model for the Optimization of a Chiller Plant’s Condenser Water Set Point”, accepted by Journal of Building Performance Simulation.
- S. Huang, W. Zuo, M. Sohn 2017, “Improved cooling tower operation of legacy chiller plants by optimizing the condenser water set point”, Building and Environment, 111, pp. 33-46.
- W. Tian, T. A. Sevilla, W. Zuo 2017 “A systematic evaluation of accelerating indoor airflow simulations using cross platform parallel computing”, Journal of Building Performance Simulation, 10 (3), pp 243-255.
- S. Huang, W. Zuo, M. Sohn 2016 “Amelioration of the cooling load based chiller sequencing control”, Applied Energy, 168, pp. 204-215.
- W. Zuo, M. Wetter, W. Tian, D. Li, M. Jin, Q. Chen 2016, "Coupling indoor airflow, HVAC, control and building envelope heat transfer in the Modelica Buildings library", Journal of Building Performance Simulation, 9(4), pp. 366-381.