Associate Professor • Lewis-Worcester Faculty Fellow
Building Systems Engineering • Civil Systems • Engineering Science
- PhD (05/2010) Mechanical Engineering, Purdue University, USA
- MSc (07/2005) Computational Engineering, Friedrich-Alexander-University Erlangen-Nuremberg, Germany
- MEng (06/2003) Automation, Chongqing University, China
- BSc (07/2000) Automation, Chongqing University, China
- Smart, Sustainable, and Resilient City
- Building and District Energy Systems
- Indoor Environment Modeling
- Building Controls Design and Optimization
- Distinguished Service Award, ASHRAE, 2017.
- Eliahu I. Jury Early Career Research Award, College of Engineering, University of Miami, 2016.
- SEEDS You Choose Leadership Award, University of Miami, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016.
- Emerging Professional Award in recognition of superior early achievement in the field of energy modeling, IBPSA-USA, 2016.
- Provost Research Award, University of Miami, 2014.
- Best Poster Award, IBPSA-USA Winter Meeting, Chicago, IL, 2009
- G. Zhou, Y. Ye, W. Zuo, X. Zhou, X. Xu 2018. “Fast and Efficient Prediction of Finned-tube Heat Exchanger Performance using Wet-dry Transformation Method with Nominal Data.” Accepted by Applied Thermal Engineering.
- Q. Wang, Y. Pan, Y. Fu, Z. Huang, W. Zuo, P. Xu 2018. "A Simulation-based Method for Air Loop Balancing and Fan Sizing Using Uncertainty and Sensitivity Analysis." Accepted by Building Simulation.
- G. Zhou, Y. Ye, J. Wang, W. Zuo, Y. Fu, X. Zhou 2018. “Modeling Air-to-Air Plate-Fin Heat Exchanger without Dehumidification.” Applied Thermal Engineering, 143, pp. 137-148.
- W. Tian, X. Han, W. Zuo, M. Sohn 2018. "Building Energy Simulation Coupled with CFD for Indoor Environment: A Critical Review and Recent Applications." Energy and Buildings, 165, pp.184-199.
- S. Huang, A. Malara, W. Zuo, M. Sohn 2018. "A Bayesian Network Model for the Optimization of a Chiller Plant’s Condenser Water Set Point." Journal of Building Performance Simulation, 11(1), pp. 36-47.
- S. Huang, W. Zuo, M. Sohn 2018. "A Bayesian Network Model for Predicting Cooling Load of Commercial Buildings." Building Simulation, 11(1), pp. 87-101.
- W. Tian, T. A. Sevilla, D. Li, W. Zuo, M. Wetter 2018. "Fast and Self-Learning Indoor Airflow Simulation Based on In Situ Adaptive Tabulation." Journal of Building Performance Simulation, 11(1), pp. 99-112.
- Q. Wang, Y. Pan, M. Zhu, Z. Huang, W. Tian, W. Zuo, X. Han, P. Xu 2017. "A State-Space Method for Real-Time Transient Simulation of Indoor Airflow." Building and Environment, 126, pp. 184-194.
- W. Tian, T. A. Sevilla, W. Zuo, M. Sohn 2017. "Coupling Fast Fluid Dynamics and Multizone Airflow Models in Modelica Buildings Library to Simulate the Dynamics of HVAC System." Building and Environment, 122, pp. 269-286.
- S. Huang, W. Zuo, M. Sohn 2017. "Improved Cooling Tower Control of Legacy Chiller Plants by Optimizing the Condenser Water Set Point." Building and Environment, 111, pp. 33-46.
- W. Tian, T. A. Sevilla, W. Zuo 2017. “A Systematic Evaluation of Accelerating Indoor Airflow Simulations Using Cross Platform Parallel Computing.” Journal of Building Performance Simulation, 10(3), pp. 243-255.
- S. Huang, W. Zuo, M. Sohn 2016. "Amelioration of the Cooling Load Based Chiller Sequencing Control." Applied Energy, 168, pp. 204-215.
- W. Zuo, M. Wetter, W. Tian, D. Li, M. Jin, Q. Chen 2016. "Coupling Indoor Airflow, HVAC, Control and Building Envelope Heat Transfer in the Modelica Buildings Library.” Journal of Building Performance Simulation, 9(4), pp. 366-381.