Associate Professor • Lewis-Worcester Faculty Fellow
Building Systems Engineering • Civil Systems • Engineering Science
Office: ECCE 247
- PhD (05/2010) Mechanical Engineering, Purdue University, USA
- MSc (07/2005) Computational Engineering, Friedrich-Alexander-University Erlangen-Nuremberg, Germany
- MEng (06/2003) Automation, Chongqing University, China
- BSc (07/2000) Automation, Chongqing University, China
- Smart, Sustainable & Resilient Cities
- High Performance Buildings
- Advanced Modeling for Building Energy and Control Systems
- Distinguished Service Award, ASHRAE, 2017.
- Eliahu I. Jury Early Career Research Award, College of Engineering, University of Miami, 2016.
- SEEDS You Choose Leadership Award, University of Miami, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016.
- Emerging Professional Award in recognition of superior early achievement in the field of energy modeling, IBPSA-USA, 2016.
- Provost Research Award, University of Miami, 2014.
- Best Poster Award, IBPSA-USA Winter Meeting, Chicago, IL, 2009
- Y. Fu, W. Zuo, M. Wetter, J. W. VanGilder, P. Yang 2019. "Equation-based object-oriented modeling and simulation of data center cooling systems." Energy and Buildings, 198, pp. 503-519.
- S. Huang, X. Lu, W. Zuo, X. Zhang, C. Liang 2019. "Model-based optimal operation of heating tower heat pump systems." Building and Environment, 160, 106199.
- W. Tian, J.W. VanGilder, X. Han, C.M. Healey, M.B. Condor, W. Zuo 2019. “A New Fast Fluid Dynamics Model for Data-Center Floor Plenums.” ASHRAE Transactions, 125, pp. 141-148.
- X. Lu, K. Hinkelman, Y. Fu, J. Wang, W. Zuo, Q. Zhang, W. Saad 2019. “An Open Source Modeling Framework for Interdependent Energy-Transportation-Communication Infrastructure in Smart and Connected Communities.” IEEE Access, 7, pp. 55458-55476.
- Y. Ye, K. Hinkelman, J. Zhang, W. Zuo, G. Wang 2019. “A Methodology to Create Prototypical Building Energy Models for Existing Buildings: A Case Study on U.S. Religious Worship Buildings.” Energy and Buildings, 194, pp. 351-365.
- S. Huang, Y. Ye, X. Han, W. Zuo, X. Zhang, L. Jiang 2019. “Performance evaluation of heating tower heat pump systems over the world.” Energy Conversion and Management, 186, pp. 500-515.
- Y. Fu, W. Zuo, M. Wetter, J. W. VanGilder, X. Han, D. Plamondon 2019. “Equation-Based Object-Oriented Modeling and Simulation for Data Center Cooling: A Case Study.” Energy and Buildings,186, pp. 108-125.
- Y. Ye, W. Zuo, G. Wang 2019. “A Comprehensive Review of Energy-Related Data for U.S. Commercial Buildings.” Energy and Buildings, 186, pp. 126-137.
- J. Wang, W. Zuo, L. Rhode-Barbarigos, X. Lu, J. Wang, Y. Lin 2019. “Literature Review on Modeling and Simulation of Energy Infrastructures from a Resilience Perspective.” Reliability Engineering and System Safety, 183, pp. 360-373.
- S. Huang, W. Zuo, H. Lu, C. Liang, X. Zhang 2019. “Performance Comparison of a Heating Tower Heat Pump and an Air-source Heat Pump: A Comprehensive Modeling and Simulation Study.” Energy Conversion and Management, 180, pp. 1039-1054.
- Q. Wang, Y. Pan, Y. Fu, Z. Huang, W. Zuo, P. Xu 2019. "A Simulation-based Method for Air Loop Balancing and Fan Sizing Using Uncertainty and Sensitivity Analysis." Building Simulation, 12 (2), pp.247-258.
- G. Zhou, Y. Ye, W. Zuo, X. Zhou, X. Xu 2018. “Fast and Efficient Prediction of Finned-tube Heat Exchanger Performance Using Wet-dry Transformation Method with Nominal Data.” Applied Thermal Engineering, 145, pp. 133-146.
- S. Huang, W. Wang, M. Brambley, S. Goyal, W. Zuo 2018. “An Agent-based Hardware-in-the-loop Simulation Framework for Building Controls.” Energy and Buildings, 181, pp. 26-37.
- G. Zhou, Y. Ye, J. Wang, W. Zuo, Y. Fu, X. Zhou 2018. “Modeling Air-to-Air Plate-Fin Heat Exchanger without Dehumidification.” Applied Thermal Engineering, 143, pp. 137-148.
- W. Tian, X. Han, W. Zuo, M. Sohn 2018. "Building Energy Simulation Coupled with CFD for Indoor Environment: A Critical Review and Recent Applications." Energy and Buildings, 165, pp.184-199.
- S. Huang, A. Malara, W. Zuo, M. Sohn 2018. "A Bayesian Network Model for the Optimization of a Chiller Plant’s Condenser Water Set Point."Journal of Building Performance Simulation, 11(1), pp. 36-47.
- S. Huang, W. Zuo, M. Sohn 2018. "A Bayesian Network Model for Predicting Cooling Load of Commercial Buildings." Building Simulation, 11(1), pp. 87-101.
- W. Tian, T. A. Sevilla, D. Li, W. Zuo, M. Wetter 2018. "Fast and Self-Learning Indoor Airflow Simulation Based on In Situ Adaptive Tabulation." Journal of Building Performance Simulation, 11(1), pp. 99-112.