Senior Professional Research Associate • Director, Colorado Local Technical Assistance Program (LTAP)
Structural Engineering & Structural Mechanics
Office: ARC A-211 (East Campus)
- B.S. in Civil Engineering, Worcester Polytechnic Institute, Worcester, MA, 1995.
- M.ARCH in Architecture, Planning & Design, University of Colorado, Denver, CO, 1998.
- M.S. in Structural Engineering, University of Colorado, Boulder, CO, 2002.
- Public Works Institute Graduate, American Public Works Association, Denver, CO, 2016.
Honors and Distinctions:
- Award Recipient, Colorado American Public Works Assoc. (APWA) William E. Korbitz Award Winner, Colorado Public Works Leader of the Year, 2018.
- Award Recipient, National American Assoc. of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO) State Transportation Innovation Council (STIC) Innovation Excellence Award, 2018.
- Key Stakeholder/Developer, First-in-the-Nation Associate of Applied Science Degree for Highway Maintenance Management with Front Range Community College, 2017 – Present.
- Organizer/Chair, National Award Winning Local Innovation Implementation Summit, Denver, CO, November 2017.
- President-Elect, American Public Works Association, Colorado Chapter, 2019.
- President, President-Elect, Vice-President, National Local Technical Assistance Program Association (NLTAPA), 2011-2014.
- Treasurer, Colorado Association for Roadway Maintenance, 2009 – Present.
- Secretary and Board of Directors, American Public Works Association, Colorado Chapter, 2014 – Present.
- Chairperson, National Safety Committee and Partnerships Committee, National LTAP Association, 2008-2013.
- Organizer/Chair, Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) Local Technical Assistance Program (LTAP) National Technology Transfer Conference, Breckenridge, CO 2008 and Boise, ID 2013.
- Organizer/Chair, Annual APWA State Street Conference, Grand Junction, CO, 2006 – Present.
- Selected to serve on 4 National Federal Highway Administration Committees.
- Longest managing Colorado LTAP Director, 2000 – Present.
- Instructor, Public Works Institute, 2017 – Present.
- Member, National American Public Works Association, 2002 – Present.
- Member, National Association of County Engineers, 2002 – Present.
- Member, Colorado Emergency Management Association, 2014 – Present.
- Structures Professor, M.ARCH Program College of Architecture and Planning, University of Colorado, Denver, CO, 1998-2002.
- National APWA Emergency Management Knowledge Team
- Executive Committee, Colorado State Transportation Innovation Council
- Executive Committee, Colorado Local Road Safety Committee
- Steering Committee, Colorado Strategic Highway Safety Planning
- National Expert and Trainer, Sign Retroreflectivity
- National Speaker, Preparing Local Agencies for Natural Disaster and Public Works Role in Emergency Response.
- Structural Engineering Mechanics of Materials research in the use of Fiber Reinforced Polymer rebar for concrete pavements.
- Tap Dancing, over 43 years.
- Yunping Xi, Yuxiang Jing, Renée Railsback. (2018) “Surface Chloride Levels in Colorado Structural Concrete”, Colorado DOT Report No. CDOT-2018-05, 49p.
- Yunping Xi, Linfei Li, Renée Railsback. (2018) “Evaluation of Different Types of Waterproofing Membranes (Asphaltic and Non-Asphaltic) as Cost Effective Bridge Deck Barriers in Reducing Corrosive Chloride Effects,” Colorado DOT Report No. CDOT-2018-16, 72p.
- Renée Koller (Railsback), Sunyoung Chang, Yunping Xi. (2007) “Fiber Reinforced Polymer Bars under Freeze-Thaw Cycles and Different Loading Rates”, Journal of Composite Materials, 41(1), 5-25.
- Renée Cusson (Railsback), Yunping Xi. (2002) “The Behavior of Fiber-Reinforced Polymer Reinforcement in Low Temperature Environment Climates”, Colorado DOT Report No. CDOT -DTD-R-2003-04.