Job Title: Project Engineer
Company: PG Arnold Construction
Job Location: Boulder Office and Assigned Job Sites
The Project Engineer will collaborate with the Company Project Managers, Superintendents, Field Staff, and Executive Staff to ensure the successful completion of construction projects. In addition, the Project Engineer will act as a liaison with Owners, Architects, Engineers and Tenants regarding project feasibility, cost, scheduling, completion, and close-out on assigned construction projects both public and private. This position is also responsible for design development participation pre-construction/estimating activities, and occasional on-site supervision of Sub-Contractors in assistance to the Site Superintendent. The Project Engineer is responsible for maintaining constant and effective communications with team members, both internal and external as well as customers.
Responsibilities for the Project Engineer will include the following:
Estimating/Pre-Construction (assist estimators with the following when required):
- Send projects to sub-contractors for bids.
- Develop prospective project instructions to bidders.
- Schedule all pre-bid walks with sub-contractors.
- Coordinate with all bidding sub-contractors to ensure proper coverage for projects bidding.
- Coordinate with other Project Managers, Estimators and Superintendents to develop estimate spreadsheet.
- Develop proposal package for timely submission to clients.
Project Management (collaborate with Project Managers to assist with the following):
- Manage day to day communications on projects to ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget.
- Assist Project Manager in reviewing, tracking and processing change orders on multiple projects.
- Coordinate with Project Managers and Superintendents as required to execute assigned tasks for coordinating scheduling with sub-contractors This includes tracking material procurement to ensure on time deliveries.
- Manage all project based paperwork including and not limited to; RFI’s, submittals, contracts, change orders, sub-contractor, and estimates.
- Assist in obtaining and tracking project permits and inspections.
- Obtain all required close-out documents including record drawings, O&M’s and warranties.
Supervision (collaborate with Superintendents to assist with the following): Job Description Project Engineer
- Manage on-site activities to ensure all work is being completed according to the contract documents, RFI’s and submittals.
- Coordinate with Site Superintendents and occasionally provide assistance to ensure work is progressing on schedule.
- Create and assist Superintendent in tracking completion of punchlist and warranty work.
- Perform jobsite walks and assist Superintendent in ensuring a safe work environment.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Four-year Construction Management degree required.
- Knowledge of project management principles for building construction; theory, principles and practices of engineering and architecture related to design and construction.
- Knowledge of fundamentals of mechanical, electrical, structural and civil engineering systems.
- Knowledge of all applicable local and international codes.
Skills and Abilities:
- High drive to succeed coupled with excellent organizational, interpersonal communication skills and drive to be a leader.
- Ability to quickly consume and master project contract documents.
- Ability to problem solve and process information in a timely manner.
- Ability to plan, direct, and coordinate professional and sub-professional project teams.
- Ability to manage time and prioritize tasks to manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Strong computing skills to run design software, project management software, scheduling software and basic office software packages.
- High desire to train and provide knowledge to peers to promote growth in the company.
- Work will be split between office and assigned job sites.
- Work will require travel throughout the Denver Metro Area on a daily basis.
- Must have a valid Colorado Driver’s License
- Must have a clean criminal record for work in educational facilities.
Interested candidates please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com