Title: Project Engineer
Location: Downtown Denver
- Plans and coordinates construction work on projects such as roads, bridges, and pipelines under the direct supervision of the Project Manager in cooperation with the superintendent.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities
- Inspects construction site to monitor progress and ensure conformance to engineering plans, specifications, and safety standards, and records the information.
- Uses computer assisted software and equipment to prepare project documents such as RFI’s, detail clarification, and sketches.
- Assists Project Manager with contractual commitments including costs, quality, schedule/update, tracking and organizing daily logs of field activities.
- Monitors quality of work in accordance with the standards specified in the design documents and coordinates progress with project manager.
- Maintains effective communications and coordination with Project Manager and superintendents to ensure timeliness and accuracy of project information.
- Assists superintendents as instructed by the project manager.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Analytical: Synthesizes complex or diverse information; using intuition and experience to complement data; reviews work sequence and procedures for conformity to contract plans and specifications.
- Design: Translates concepts and information into images; uses feedback to modify designs; applies design principles; demonstrates attention to detail.
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; works well in- group problem solving situation.
- Project Management: Coordinates projects; communicates changes and progress to appropriate individuals; completes projects assigned on time and budget.
- Technical Skills: Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Customer Service: Responds promptly to customer needs; meets commitments.
- Interpersonal: Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication: Listens and gets clarification.
- Team Work: Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Written Communication: Writes clearly and informatively; varies writing style to meet needs; able to read and interpret written information.
- Quality Management: Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Business Acumen: Understands business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability; aligns work with strategic goals.
- Cost Consciousness: Works within approve budget.
- Diversity: Promotes a harassment-free environment.
- Ethics: Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support: Follows policies and procedures; supports organization’s goals and values.
- Strategic Thinking: Adapts strategy to changing conditions/work environment.
- Attendance/Punctuality: Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability: Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments.
- Planning/Organizing: Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; sets goals and objectives.
- Professionalism: Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
- Quality: Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Quantity: Meets productivity standards.
- Safety and Security: Observes safety and security procedures.
- Language Ability: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and the general public.
- Math Ability: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Micro Soft Office Suite software, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; AutoCAD, Primavera P3 design software, Viewpoint Suite and Project Management software.
- Ability to communicate accurately and effectively knowledge and understanding of the general scope of the construction industry including the ability to read and interpret plans/specifications/blue prints, building codes, and other project documents. Knowledge of layout procedures using batter boards and string lines. Ability to use transit, level and grade rod. Knowledge of the building process through and including punch list completion of the project. Understanding of the safe and efficient use of hand and power tools. May require current driver’s license with a good record and the ability to drive a company vehicle.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university in Construction Management
- Internship experience in the construction industry preferred.
Company website: www.ceiconstructors.com
Send resumes to: email@example.com
Questions? Contact Xavier Larsen: XLarsen@ceiconstructors.com