Published: Nov. 1, 2018

Renee RailsbackSenior Professional Research Associate Renée Railsback was awarded the William E. Korbitz Public Works Leader of the Year Award at the Colorado American Public Works Association (APWA) State Conference on Monday, Oct. 29. This award is APWA’s highest honor for service to the public works industry and recognizes Renée’s contributions as the director of the Colorado Local Technical Assistance Program (LTAP). LTAP is sponsored by the CU Boulder CEAE department and works to improve the quality and safety of local and rural roads through technical training, innovation implementation and information exchange. LTAP strives to foster a safe, efficient, and environmentally sound surface transportation system by improving skills and increasing knowledge of the transportation workforce and decision makers.

After receiving the award, Railsback said, “I’ve been told I’m known for the passion I have for this job. I once read, It’s more than what you do, it’s what you do it for. Well, I do it for all of you – my family in Public Works!  This Award was completely unexpected, but it’s greatly appreciated to see the positive impact my service has had on our industry.”  

Earlier this month, Colorado LTAP was also awarded a 2018 STIC Innovation Excellence Award. They were recognized for their focus on helping local agencies adapt new transportation innovations. Railsback’s leadership of LTAP for the last 18 years has been essential to working to improve our state’s local road system.