University of Colorado at Boulder colorado combined campaign  
University of Colorado CU Home Search A to Z Index Map University of Colorado at Boulder
colorado scenic



CCC Frequently Asked Questions

  • How do I find out information about the organizations and their agency numbers?
    The secure online pledge tool has a searchable database of all participating charities. You can request a copy of the 2010 CCC brochure, "Create a Better Colorado," from You can also find this information online at the campaign web site at Brief descriptions of the organizations and their agency number are listed at the site.

  • How does the Campaign contribute to my community?
    Please check out these success stories from participating agencies in our area.

  • What happens if I donate but don't give my money to a specific organization?
    This undesignated money goes into a pool, and at the end of the campaign, is divided amongst the participating charities based on the percentage they received of whole designated donation pool. For example, if the American Cancer Society received 5% of all designated donations, they would receive 5% of the undesignated donation pool. By designating your giving through the CCC, you make your charity of choice eligible for even more money.

  • How can I review a printed brochure instead of looking on the state website?
    The University of Colorado at Boulder is "giving green" by all-but-eliminating printed brochures and other paper campaign materials. Hard copies of the brochure are available by emailing, and can also be downloaded from the State of Colorado's CCC Website.

  • What is the duration of my payroll deduction and when does it begin? Deductions will begin in January 20101 and continue through December 2011 unless you indicate a shorter duration when you pledge.

  • I currently have deductions taken from my paycheck for the CCC pledge I made last year. Do I need to go through the pledge process again? Yes. A new plege must be made every year, even for renewals. This gives you an opportunity to donate to agencies which may have been added to this year's campaign.

  • Can I stop my payroll deduction authorization? Yes. The authorization may be revoked in writing, at any time, for any reason, with the payroll office. But keep in mind that the agencies have budgeted their operation and assistance to others based on your pledge. Email for assistance.

  • Are contributions tax-deductible?
    Yes, within the tax laws — if you itemize. Keep a copy of your pledge form for your records.

  • Who decides which agencies participate in the campaign?
    Your CCC Employee Advisory Board posts a public notice each year inviting charitable federations and state service organizations to apply. Advisory committee members are state employees from participating institutions across the state, who are appointed to the committee. The applications from the umbrella agencies are reviewed by the committee to determine if the applicant meets the requirements set forth by the CCC bylaws. Normally, if the applicant meets all the requirements, they are invited to participate.

  • How much does it cost to run the statewide campaign?
    In 2009, about 7.8% of the money pledged was spent for the cost of operating the campaign. This means that almost $.92 of every dollar was sent directly to the agencies participating in the campaign. The 2011 return is expected to be even higher with more campaigns "going green."

  • If I donate with a credit card, when is it charged?
    Credit card donations are processed as soon as they are received.

  • Additional Questions?
    Contact the Colorado Combined Campaign state office at 303-561-2392 or email

Thank you for participating in the Colorado Combined Campaign!