Due to the global pandemic, the summer 2021 in-person internships in Japan and China have been cancelled. We are looking into virtual options; please check back in February or March for further information.
Thursday, January 21 at 12pm MST
Learn about the summer 2021 Asia Internship Program offerings. We will have positions available in both Shanghai, China and Tokyo, Japan. Also holding an information session on Tuesday, January 26 at 4 p.m.; come to either one--we'll be covering the same information!
Important Note: This program is subject to public health and travel restrictions surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic. Click here for Education Abroad’s planning and response to the pandemic .
- 6-week summer internships in Japan
- 8-week summer internships in China
- Arranged by CAS through a network of CU friends and alumni, keeping costs low
- Official CU Education Abroad program
- Scholarships provided by alumni and donors available. Interns are also eligible for Buffs Abroad scholarships
- Students may earn up to 6 credits, through Asian Studies or other programs such as Business (with preapproval)
- Application deadline Sunday, February 7, 2021 at 11:59 p.m.
Interns typically help with research, reports, translation, or other tasks. Companies are encouraged to provide funding to support the program or help offset student travel costs, but no stipend or hourly wage is paid to students. The internship program is open to students with a wide variety of backgrounds and interests. See further details for offerings in Japan and China.