In the capacity of a marketing faculty at Leeds School of Business, I am currently focused on three goals: (1) revising and teaching the Buyer Behavior undergraduate course (MKTG 3250) and (2) supervising our CU-AMA Career Club and (3) contributing to LEEDS MOOC online learning initiative. In the past year, our CU-AMA chapter was nationally recognized (3rd place in the 2019 Winter AMA Competition across all American b-schools.) I also teach Marketing Intelligence to MS Business Analytics students and Core Marketing module for the EvMBA program.
In spring 2019, I will be teaching:
- MKTG 3250 Buyer Behavior
- MBAX 6330 Market Intelligence
I am also a fellow at CU Boulder's Centre for Ethics and Social Responsibility (CESR). I previously ran a management consulting business and co-founded a mutual fund in the Middle East market and was a member of the Iranian envoy to Turkey in CSR related educational initiatives.
As an academic researcher, my research interests are in the areas of:
- Marketing Strategy: How do short- and long-term marketing ramifications affect strategic corporate decisions? (studying customer revenge, product recalls, warning labels)
- Public Policy and CSR: How are state-of-the-art technologies like blockchain, Ai and algorithm-based marketing changing theory and practice of CSR and governance?
- Global Marketing: How do global marketing strategies affect corporate wellbeing? (studying offshoring practices and country of origin)
- Digital Marketing: To what extent are customer decisions affected by ethnicity of the avatar serving them? (studying e-commerce bots and avatars)
My recent publication entitled “The Effectiveness of Warning Labels for Consumers: A Meta-Analytic Investigation into Their Underlying Process and Contingencies” is available in the Journal of Public Policy and Marketing (JPPM). Read here
- Rohani, Mina, M. Purmehdi, N. Shahrasbi, “Consumers’ Revenge Behaviors & Self-Determination Theory”, first revise & resubmit at the Journal of Consumer Marketing.
- Purmehdi, M., S. Eskandari, “Where CSR meets blockchain: How blockchain may potentially change theory and practice of corporate social responsibility?”, submitted to CESC 2019, UC Berkeley.
- Eskandari S., A. Brody, M. Purmehdi, “Bluff Mail: Sextortion, Bomb Threats and Other Mass Swindles in the Digital Age”, submitted to CESC 2019, UC Berkeley.
- Gupta, Rishab, Mostafa Purmehdi, “Studying the Attributes of Packaging Size Decision in FMCG Using Conjoint Analysis: Value for Money”, work in progress, target publication: European Journal of International Marketing.
- Purmehdi, M., “The Effect of Country of Origin on the Relationship between Product Recalls and Firm Value”, under peer review at International Marketing Review.
- Purmehdi, M., “Long-term Effect of Signaling Quality during a Product Recall on Firm Value”, idiosyncratic risk analysis, work in progress, target publication: International Marketing Review.
- Purmehdi, M., R. Legoux, F. Carrillat, S. Senecal, “Can Doctors and Behavioral Scientist Sit at One Table Together? A Comparison of Meta-Analytic Studies of Warning Labels in Social Sciences and Medical Science”, work in progress, target publication: Journal of Health Communications.
- Purmehdi, M., N. Shahrasbi, “Digital Warning Labels”, conceptual paper, work in progress, target publication: Journal of Business Ethics.