“A diverse workforce contributes to economic growth and development by stimulating an innovative, healthy and stable community. As a global company with employees and operations around the world, Newmont is proud to support the Inaugural Diversity and Business Ethics Case Competition and the talented students who embrace this challenging opportunity.”
- Malik Duncan, Newmont Mining Corporation
The Diversity and Business Ethics Case Competition (DBECC) is hosted by the Office of Diversity Affairs and the Center for Ethics and Social Responsibility at the Leeds School of Business. DBECC is an opportunity for students to gain real world experience while competing in a case challenge focused on diversity and ethics in a business setting. We aim to bring together diverse and well-rounded students from business schools across Colorado. We invite interested students to bring their knowledge, skills, and creativity to compete with other diverse talent within Colorado to win the 2019 DBECC.
Congratulations to the 2019 Diversity and Business Ethics Case Competition winning teams.
- 1st Place ($5,000): Veritas Consulting
- 2nd Place ($3,000): RSG Consulting
- 3rd Place ($2,000): PORTAL Consulting
The 4th Annual Diversity and Business Ethics Case Competition took place February 8-9, 2019
Students should create top-talent teams that adhere to the criteria outlined in the “2019 DBECC Rules and Guidelines." Students will have the opportunity to learn from each other and build relationships with corporate partners while working to create a solution to a real-world business challenge.
2019 Participating Schools
- Fort Lewis College - School of Business Adminstration
- The University of Utah - David Eccles School of Business
- University of Colorado - Boulder, Leeds School of Business
- University of Denver - Daniels College of Business