What does life look like for you after graduation?Meredith Maney
I will enjoy one final summer vacation before starting at Deloitte Consulting in the fall. I'll be based out of Denver, so not too far away!

What is your favorite memory from the Leeds School of Business?
I've enjoyed spending many a late-night in the Koelbel building prepping for case competitions. Getting to work with peers from different years in different majors and shifting from being the baby on the team to being a leader has been a really fun evolution. And one time I had to babysit my family dog while we were prepping for one of them. Sneaking her and her massive crate into the building was hilarious, but quickly became less hilarious when one of my teammates let her slip out of the room. We spent a solid 15 minutes chasing her around the building trying to corner her with food.

What was favorite class and/or professor?
Having Don Oest for World of Business in my first semester freshman year definitely changed my path at Leeds. It was a really great, supportive environment where I got to nerd out on business stuff, and Don has never stopped giving me a hard time since. As I'm sure anyone in the school would say, he's the best mentor and friend someone could have.

What did you love most about going to college in Boulder?
I often think of the Legally Blonde quote, "Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. Happy people just don't shoot their husbands. They just don't." Boulder makes people happy! The sunshine, the food, the people, the natural beauty, the quality of life, the cool companies... the list goes on, but Boulder is a cool place to be. It has a fun energy to it, and in my role as a Leeds Ambassador, I often tell people that Leeds is a sensational school, but they should pick CU just to be in Boulder.

What was your favorite spot to study at on campus and/or in Boulder?
I often find myself studying at my job in the advising office at Leeds. I can't recommend it enough - there are big windows, people come to see you, and you get paid as you study!

May 2018