Published: Nov. 30, 2015
MBA Real Estate

After completing my undergraduate studies in both Boulder, CO and Madison, WI, I developed a passion for business management and real estate development. Prior to pursuing my MBA I worked as a Director of Operations at a vertically-integrated real estate company. The company grew exponentially in a short period and so did my ambitions as I saw what was possible in this industry. I began to research the offerings from various schools and decided the University of Colorado in Boulder would be the right place for me to pursue my MBA. I chose to attend the Leeds School of Business specifically because of the caliber of the real estate program, its course offerings, and extracurricular activities. Within Colorado it is regarded as one of the top programs, boasting an attractive job placement rate and suitable salary expectations from the local real estate industry. As capital investment is drawn from global markets, innovative developers continue to reinvent the metropolitan areas and I intend to leverage my degree to create an influential role in this fascinating market. Furthermore, the Front Range economy continues to experience record growth and I believe career opportunities will only continue to follow in the region. The growth of the region coupled with my focus in finance, development, and construction management, the Leeds MBA in Real Estate will provide me an incredible opportunity to accelerate my career and realize my ambitions for years to come.  

The Leeds School of Business’ commitment to sustainability, entrepreneurship, empowerment, and community engagement, has leveraged my education in business and and real estate management. As a second year student I’ve been working to achieve each of the following objectives while in school in Boulder and have been met with exceedingly high results thus far:

• Refine analytical competency in core real estate subjects
  • Strengthen comprehension of the entire development process
  • Broaden understanding of capital markets and global entrepreneurship
  • Improve management and leadership skills
  • Cultivate a supportive, inspiring, and like-minded professional network in Colorado

In my MBA I have been able to accomplish these objectives through my involvement with the CU Real Estate Center, Graduate Real Estate Association (GREA) and will participate in the NAIOP Rocky Mountain Real Estate Challenge in my final semester.  The CU Real Estate Center's advocacy of students within its national network continues to cultivate lasting relationships amongst student, alumni, and businesses and has been an invaluable asset in my studies. Also, I have served as Co-President GREA, and in a membership capacity with both the Women in Business Club and the Finance Club. I’ve taken advantage of every tour, trek, lunch’n’learn, and ski weekend offered to fully integrate into the real estate community. Additionally, I am an outdoor enthusiast, health and wellness advocate.  All of these reasons combined, with the surrounding culture and environment, to make CU Boulder an unbeatable academic experience, helping to reach my personal and professional goals. #GoBuffs