Published: June 28, 2011

Jun. 28, 2011

After reading Will’s posts about China I am confident that this entry will not be nearly as exciting to read. What a great opportunity for those guys on the international trip. I can’t even imagine. After hearing all of the stories it is something I would highly recommend considering. I am thinking about it for next year and am a bit regretful for not going this year.

This past week proved to be another good one. I am about halfway through my internship at Ball and had the opportunity to present my progress to some senior leadership. I was promptly served a piping hot piece of humble pie. The financial models I was working on, which I thought were pretty good, definitely still need some work.  All the feedback was given in a constructive manner and I walked out of that meeting have learned more in one day than I had in the past few weeks. The whole program at Ball has also been a great learning opportunity for the future. I am not sure if my future job prospects will involve corporate finance. Learning that is invaluable in itself.  It will help me decide what classes to take for next year and where to focus my energy.

On the non-internship front, this summer has been beyond awesome. I am not sure where I will be headed after school so I wanted to make sure I took advantage of everything Boulder has to offer -- which, is quite a lot. Ironman is fast approaching so I’ve been spending quite a bit of time in the saddle, in the pool, and logging miles on all the trails in the area. Luckily the weather has been cooperating, offering abundant sunshine. There’s a group of us heading to a Rockies game this week, possibility of some camping over the 4th and a trip to Water World (we may be a bit older now but who doesn’t love a day at the water park?). I often feel like I am getting away with something because I am having such a great experience. There’s no doubt it’s going to continue. Until the next post …

- Chris