Previous BSI Scholar recipients may apply for continuation funds during the academic year. (If you are new to research, or have never been funded by BSI in the past, you should start here). As Continuing Scholars, students will receive financial support, as well as continued professional development support via our program activities.
- Undergraduates must be a previous BSI Scholar awardee (or BURST/UROP-HHMI awardee)
- Undergraduates must be currently enrolled full time (12 credits) in a degree-seeking (Bachelor's) program at CU Boulder when applying
- Undergraduates pursuing a science (STEM) degree receive priority
- Undergraduates cannot graduate before the end of the award term
- Funding - Due to the limited availability of research funding for undergraduates on campus, students may not receive a BSI Scholars award in addition to another source of funding, such as a UROP or departmental grant, for their research at the same time.
- Program Components - As a requirement of this award, students are expected to participate in professional development seminars and activities throughout the program. These trainings are designed to both inform and enrich the undergraduate research experience, and are scheduled around the participants' course schedules as much as possible. Please refer to the BSI website for dates. Students who are not able to attend the orientation will not be able to participate as a BSI Scholar. Continuing BSI Scholars are required to develop a poster presentation for BSI's annual research symposium in the spring.
Please review the other sections of this site to assist you with the application process and mentor eligibility. Please contact the BSI office with any questions.