In an effort to integrate undergraduates more fully into the culture of scientific research, the Biological Sciences Initiative (BSI) offers partial funding for undergraduate students to present research findings at scientific meetings or conferences.
- The applicant must be a current full-time undergraduate student at the time of the conference/meeting (some exceptions).
- The applicant must currently or very recently have been a recipient of a BSI Scholars grant.
- Student must be presenting and show proof of conference/meeting presentation acceptance.
- Grants may be requested up to $700.
- Students may receive funds from BSI for travel only once per academic year (Sept 1 through August 31).
- Applications taken on a continuous basis.
- Funded students will be required to complete a short evaluation at the completion of the conference or meeting.