Whether writing a departmental email, posting a tweet on a unit Twitter feed or writing for a publication, the text should be presented in the Be Boulder style. Text used for CU Boulder should reinforce the Be Boulder tagline. Basic guidelines are listed below.
- Bold text.
- Simple, non-institutional language.
- Conversational and matter-of-fact.
- Short and to the point—heavily edited.
- Punchy, short and memorable headlines—don’t have to spell everything out.
- Use humor when possible—an effective communication tool, especially with students.
The attitude of CU Boulder is Be Boulder. Basic guidelines are listed below.
- Bold attitude.
- Unapologetically proud.
- Confident, based on indisputable fact.
- Laid-back and noncorporate/institutional.