Would you like to get a head start on research and explore your interests during your undergraduate years? The Your Own Undergraduate Research Experience at CU Program (YOU’RE@CU) may be for you! YOU'RE@CU is an exciting opportunity to gain practical research experience in engineering by linking with a graduate student mentor. Get hands-on experience in your undergraduate years that will inspire you to make a world of difference! You’ll work on a research project 3-5 hours per week and participate in a 1-credit hour seminar course on research practices (Mondays at 5pm). You’ll create your own research hypothesis and go through the research process culminating in a research paper and poster session.
Applicants must be engineering majors in good academic standing.
Application Deadline: Friday, Dec 21, 2019 at 11:59 PM
Seminar Course Spring 2019: Mondays at 5pm
Details for Undergraduates:
- Work with a graduate mentor for 3-5 hours per week
- Get exposure to a lab environment and learn the basics of working in a lab, testing a hypothesis, and analyzing data
- Participate in a weekly seminar class for one pass/fail credit (Spring 2019: Mondays at 5 pm)
- Make a poster about your experience, and present it with your graduate mentor at the end of the semester
For more details and application information, see the Undergraduates page.
Details for Graduates:
- Work with an undergraduate student for 3-5 hours per week
- Gain leadership and mentoring experience, attend a workshop on mentoring, and learn how to productively integrate an undergraduate into the lab environment. List this on your CV under teaching and mentoring experience!
- Get an extra pair of hands to help you with your research
- Present a poster about the experience (the poster is made by the undergraduate student) at the end of the semester
For more details and application info for graduate students, see the Graduates page.