Office Interns perform tasks crucial to the department’s functioning, including event planning, social media/communications, and the Norlin Scholar selection process. Interns learn what it means to work in a higher education context. Office Interns are hired, supervised and evaluated by the Office Manager. The term of employment is the academic year, from fall through spring semesters.
- Reception--provide phone and front desk reception
- Event Planning--assist with all levels of event planning management including research event options and locations, track registration and dietary concerns, prepare event materials and participate in post-event review
- Norlin Scholar Selection Process--assist in coordination of application and selection process
- Social Media/Communications--write weekly digest, maintain listserv, and provide website maintenance
- Office Accounting/Procurement--research and purchase office supplies and assist in procurement allocation processes
- General office duties include email, mail, shredding, light cleaning and organization, filing, campus errands, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal and strong verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Enthusiasm about working with students as well as planning and staffing events
- Strong IT skills including facility with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Outlook
- Experience with website editing in either Drupal or WordPress is preferred
Varies based on experience.
If you are interested in applying for the Office Intern position, please email email@example.com and request an application.