Almost everything faculty need to know about campus issues related to the current situation regarding COVID-19 is listed on CU's Coronovirus Updates and Resources page. We strongly encourage you take time to read through this page (links, articles, etc.) weekly in order to find out about updates. Information on developing plans for AY20-21 (Roadmap to Fall 2020) are linked here as well.
Administration is consulting frequently with the BFA Executive Committee and an ad-hoc BFA COVID-19 AY20-21 Faculty Response Committee. These committees have met weekly since May, and will continue to stay abreast of this changing situation and the impacts to faculty. We will be communicating updates through BFA Representatives, as well as on this page.
Although you can get to all the below links from the Coronovirus Updates and Resources page, we are grouping them related to areas of interest:
- Official CU Boulder Road Map to Fall 2020 Webpage
- Faculty & Staff Page - Please visit this page for more information and FAQs - includes detailed information for faculty and staff for Fall 2020 and an FAQ at the bottom of the page on academic instruction and other impacts to faculty
- Health & Safety Measures - This page gives info about how CU is meeting public health guidelines
- Implemention Plan - Highlights milestones and answers FAQ's about academic instruction and resource management for the fall.
- Modes of Operation - Details four potential modes of operation for the university, depending on COVID-19 conditions.
- Link to Full Report AY 20-21 Planning Team
- If you have any questions for the Planning committee regarding the AY 2020-2021 plan, use this form.
BFA Faculty Rights & Responsibilties Statement Re: COVID-19 - statement approved by the BFA Executive Committee on June 30, 2020
Campus Building Access - frequent changes and updates - please check often
- Temporary Remote Teaching FAQ's
- Upcoming Webinars Regarding Navigating Health Policies with Students
Technology Copilots assist instructors in remote-capable classrooms as they use teaching technologies and facilitate their remote students’ participation. The Technology Copilot helps the instructor set up the technology before class begins, manages the technologies during class, and facilitates communication between remote students and the instructor. This partnership allows the instructor to engage all students whether they participate in-person or remotely.
Training can also be provided for TA/UGTA/LA via self-enrolled Canvas course.
ASSETT Strategic Course Design for Flexible Teaching Modes seminar – asynchronous
AY20-21 Academic Instruction Guidance for Colleges, Schools, Departments, and Programs: from the academic instruction implementation team.
- Technology Resources - links to OIT specifically for all areas of teaching and working remotely for faculty, staff, and students. On the right sidebar you will see a list of resources for teaching remotely as well.
Report on acoustical and audio testing on how instructors with face masks will be perceived by students, both in classrooms andin online meetings such as Zoom meetings.
- Academic Technology Resources for Teaching Continuity
- Includes Resources and tutorials on Zoom, Classroom Capture, and Canvas for remote teaching
- Academic Technology Trainings (Including Canvas & Proctorio drop-in support sessions)
- Teaching Well with Technology (CTL)
- Address Accessibility for All Students (CTL)
- Supporting International Students in Online Classes (CTL)
- Preventing Zoom Bombing A resource from Zoom’s website on how best to prevent unauthorized people from joining your Zoom meeting.
- Zoom Website Resources
- Building Community Online (CTL)
- International Student and Scholar Service: Remote advising seminars are being held to help international student during this time
- General Campus Support Resources: For students, faculty and staff.
- Boulder County General Resources for COVID-19: This includes resources for Child Care, Food Assistance, Housing and more.
- Boulder County Immigrant Resources
- Students of Concern: From the Division of Student Affairs
- Student Emergency Fund
- Shifting Temporarily to Remote Instruction - From the Chancellor
- Stay at Home Notice Sept. 15 Chancellor DiStefano
- Integrity, Safety and Compliance:-from Dan Jones
- CU Boulder COVID-19 Road Map for Fall 2020
- Planning for Fall Semester
- List of Campus Announcements regarding COVID-19 - changes daily. Check often.
- All UCB Frequently Asked Questions Page
- Shelly Miller, MCEN
- Kral Linden, EVEN: Using UV Light to Make Indoor Spacers Safer
- June Gruber, Psychology and Neuroscience: Flattening the Mental Health Curve
- Jeffery York, BUSN: COVID-19 is a Dress Rehersal for Climate Change
- Theodore Randolph, ChBE: Boettcher COVID Fund Innovation Award