2022 APPLICATION DEADLINE EXTENDED TO FRIDAY, MARCH 18TH!
View the Beckman Scholars Program Spring 2022 Info Session Meeting Recording
(A CU Boulder IdentiKey is required to log in to Zoom)
Eligibility Requirements (for Spring '22 applicants)
- Must be a full-time CU Boulder Freshman or Sophomore in the spring '22 semester (i.e., have not yet entered your 5th college semester at ANY institution)
- Must be majoring in Psychology & Neuroscience; Molecular, Cellular & Developmental Biology; Biochemistry, Ecology & Evolutionary Biology; or Integrative Physiology.
- Must be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States or its possessions.
- Must have at least a 3.2 cumulative GPA as of Fall '21, and remain in good academic standing.
Submit the following required application materials, assembled into a single pdf document (filename: Lastname_Firstname_BSPapp.pdf) to BSPapplication@colorado.edu by Friday, March 18, 2022 at 11:59 P.M. (NOTE extended deadline):
- Your resume (2-page max), including:
- Your major or intended major
- Cumulative GPA as of Fall '21
- List of courses taken and grades received (a transcript is not required)
- Any other items demonstrating your qualifications for this competitive elite award
- An essay (600 words max) highlighting:
- Why you want to pursue undergraduate research
- What you have to offer a potential lab in terms of your interests, experience, motivation, and dedication
- What your goals are upon graduation, where you see yourself in 10 years, and how you anticipate the Beckman Scholars Program experience might guide those goals.
- An essay (400 words max) Addressing the question: "If you had unlimited resources and current technological capabilities, what single scientific problem would you most like to tackle?"
- A signed, scanned (or photographed) copy of the Grade Release Authorization Form
Note: This is an extremely competitive scholarship. Only TWO scholarships will be awarded this year. Therefore, following the instructions fully is essential.