January 7, 2020 BREAKING NEWS: CU Boulder has been awarded a 2020 Beckman Scholars Program Award--our second consecutive grant to support six undergraduate research scholarships!
We will hold an (approximately 1 hr.) information session for prospective applicants on Wednesday, February 19th at 5:15 pm. in Gold Biosciences Room A2B70.
Eligibility Requirements (for Spring '20 applicants)
- Must be a full-time CU Boulder Freshman or Sophomore in the spring '20 semester (i.e., have not yet entered your 5th college semester at ANY institution)
- Must be majoring in Psychology & Neuroscience; Molecular, Cellular & Developmental Biology; Biochemistry, Ecology & Evolutionary Biology; or Integrative Physiology.
- Must be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States or its possessions.
- Must have at least a 3.5 cumulative GPA as of Fall '19, and remain in good academic standing.
Submit the following required application materials, assembled into a single pdf document (filename: Lastname_Firstname_BSPapp.pdf) to BSPapplication@colorado.edu by:
to March 23, 2020 (midnight)
- Your resume (2-page max), including:
- Your major or intended major
- Cumulative GPA as of Fall '19
- List of courses taken and grades received
- Any other items demonstrating your qualifications for this competitive elite award
- An essay (600 words max) highlighting:
- Why you want to pursue undergraduate research
- What you have to offer a potential lab in terms of your interests, experience, motivation, and dedication
- What your goals are upon graduation, where you see yourself in 10 years, and how you anticipate the Beckman Scholars Program experience might guide those goals.
- An essay (400 words max) Addressing the question: "If you had unlimited resources and current technological capabilities, what single scientific problem would you most like to tackle?"
- A signed, scanned (or photographed) copy of the Grade Release Authorization Form
Note: This is an extremely competitive scholarship. Only TWO scholarships will be awarded this year. Therefore, following the instructions fully is essential.