The following information is provided as a guide to positions at the ATLAS Institute. It is not a listing of currently open positions. Applicants interested in openings here should search CU Boulder Jobs. Check the college's Faculty Careers page for more information and guidance for faculty applicants.
The CU Boulder and the ATLAS Institute are committed to sustaining a diverse, equitable and inclusive academic setting and welcome applicants from a range of backgrounds whose work and experience will contribute to that effort. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Staff and Faculty
Each semester, the ATLAS Institute hires lecturers to teach a variety of courses to undergraduate and graduate students on topics in engineering, creative technology and design. Lecturers are hired on a semester-by-semester/course-by-course basis and are not permanent faculty, but are nevertheless highly valued members of the ATLAS Institute and participate in academic community activities beyond classroom teaching.
Qualifications: Lecturers must have a graduate degree and/or advanced experience in their field of expertise that qualifies them to teach the particular course(s) for which they are hired.
Compensation: As of January 1, 2023, compensation ranges from $7,725 to $8,755 per 3-credit course (33% appointment), depending on the teaching assignment and lecturer’s qualifications.
Benefits: Appointments of 50% or greater are eligible for benefits with the exception of retirement benefits as outlined on the Benefit Eligibility Matrix. Lecturers are eligible for prorated employee sick leave, earned monthly. Lecturers are at-will employees and not eligible for tenure.
Examples of topics our lecturers teach include:
- Big Data Architecture
- Computational Foundations
- Physical Computing
- User Interface and User Experience (UI/UX)
- Full-stack Web Development
- Mixed Reality (Augmented Reality/Virtual Reality)
Needs fluctuate from each semester. If you have an interest in teaching with ATLAS, we encourage you to reach out to share your areas of specialization rather than being confined by the list above. Interested applicants should email email@example.com.
Student Assistant Positions
Each semester, the ATLAS Institute engages hourly student assistants to fill a variety of roles. We encourage interested students to email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Assisting students in courses.
- Students who have taken the course previously are preferred.
- Manage students and assist with questions / homework help in the BTU Lab
- Maintain lab including: Reorder, stock supplies, clean and troubleshoot lab equipment and general cleaning
- Teach workshops and facilitate with others teaching workshops
- Administer orientations and train laser masters
- Create content for the lab including social media, documentation, posters and projects
- Assist in maintaining culture creating a welcoming, inclusive and diverse lab environment
- Update ATLAS website
- Curate and post social media
- Take photographs and record video
- Promote upcoming shows in the B2 Center for Media, Arts and Performance
- Promote ATLAS Speaker Series events
- Post ATLAS events to campus calendar
- Edit stories and posts for website
- Photo and video editing
- Graphic design
- Support ATLAS Expo and similar institute events
- Upload and maintain videos on Vimeo and YouTube
- Support email marketing
- Help support undergraduate recruiting as a BS-CTD Ambassador ($19/hr)
- Check-out of materials
- Answering email and phone
- Answering student and visitor questions
- Cleaning and organization
- General equipment setup and maintenance
- Assisting with events hosted at ATLAS
The B2 Tech Staff is a unique team of individuals who are excited to connect with media and cutting edge technology in a variety of production platforms including projection, lighting and sound. The positions will work approximately 10-12 hours per week (some evenings and weekends required). Work-study is preferred.
- Mixing and recording audio
- Programming and operating lighting control systems
- Recording and capturing video/still camera footage
- Projection mapping and image warping
Qualifications: Experience and interest in the following software platforms are encouraged.
- Max MSP
- Dante Controller/Virtual Soundcard
- Pro Tools
- Garage Band
- Touch Designer
ATLAS students can find additional job and internship listings on our Opportunities page.