The non-tenure track faculty member continues with a standard workload until the final semester. Policy information is located on the Office of Faculty Affairs website. The Intent to Separate Form is not an instrument used to document terms of separation beyond what type of separation. 


  • Faculty member discusses intent to separate with department, program or center chair or director.
  • Faculty member completes Intent to Separate Form , which automatically routes for signatures to chair or director, dean and College of Arts and Sciences' Faculty Affairs.
  • College of Arts and Sciences' Faculty Affairs forwards to the Office of Faculty Affairs for signature with a copy to the, Human Resources Service Center, and Department Coordinator.