The tenure, tenure-track faculty member continues with a standard workload until the final semester. Policy information is located on the Office of Faculty Affairs website


  • Faculty member discusses intent to separate with the department/program/center chair or director.
  • Faculty member submits request for resignation in a Word document to the department chair/director. 
  • The chair/director forwards the request for resignation document to CAS-Faculty.
  • The College of Arts and Sciences Faculty Affairs submits a form to the unit, dean and the Office of Faculty Affairs for signatures with a copy to the Graduate School or the Research and Innovation Office if applicable, Human Resources Service Center and Department Coordinator.