Faculty Affairs requires every department to submit an approved ‘award program plan’ prior to giving faculty or staff monetary awards. The plan must be reviewed and approved by the Dean’s office, and then will be kept on file in Faculty Affairs.
The process of submitting a plan is stated on the Faculty Affairs web site in the A-Z section under “Awards Policy (Recognition Awards).”
In short, the following information (copied directly from the Faculty Affairs web site) needs to be provided in your procedures document:
- A description of the program and its objectives.
- Criteria for receipt of the award.
- A description of how eligible employees will be notified of the availability of the award.
- Selection criteria.
- A description of the selection committee to be utilized.
- Source of funding that supports the award.