Cultural Imperatives: Create a culture that welcomes all
Goal: Identify programs and resources needed to attract and retain excellent, diverse students, staff, faculty and visiting scholars who are committed to and passionate about contributing to our shared mission, and devoted to intentionally advancing a more democratic society.
- Recruit, matriculate and retain a broad spectrum of excellent and diverse students.
- Recruit, hire and retain innovative scholars and teachers from diverse backgrounds who embrace the vision and future of the College of Arts and Sciences.
- Recruit, hire and retain a broad spectrum of excellent, innovative and diverse staff who embrace the vision and future of the College of Arts and Sciences.
- Improve campus climate, measured by longitudinal broad climate surveys by collecting, analyzing and acting upon both quantitative and qualitative data.
- Establish clear leadership, guidelines and metrics for measuring and increasing diversity.
- Establish meaningful support structures and resources to fill gaps for members of underserved and underrepresented groups in order to help them be successful at CU Boulder.