Emma Coburn (Mktg'13)
- Team: USA
- Event: 3,000-meter steeplechase
- Result: Coburn claimed the bronze medal on Aug. 15 with a time of 9 minutes, 7.63 seconds, crushing her previous American record in the event (9:10.76).
- Olympic experience: Competed in 2012 Games in London (finished 9th)
- About Emma: While at CU, Coburn was a three-time NCAA champion (two steeplechase titles and one indoor mile title) and six-time All-American. ... Prior to her new record set at the Olympics, Coburn set the record for the 3,000-meter steeplechase on May 28, 2016 at the Prefontaine Classic in Eugene. Ore. ... Coburn also is a five-time USATF Outdoor champion after winning the U.S. Olympic Trials earlier this summer.
- Read more: Coburn sat down with the Coloradan before competing in the U.S. Olympic Trials this summer and spoke about her goals, her ties to CU and more.
- Follow Emma on Twitter: @emmajcoburn
Jenny Simpson (Econ, PolSci'09)
- Team: USA
- Event: 1,500 meters
- Result: Simpson won the bronze medal, finishing in 4 minutes, 10.53 seconds. She's the first American woman to medal in the 1,500.
- Olympic experience: Competed in 2012 Games in London (made the semifinals in the 1,500) and the 2008 Games in Beijing (finished 9th in the steeplechase)
- About Jenny: While at CU, Simpson was a three-time NCAA champion in the 3,000-meter steeplechase and won the NCAA indoor 3,000 meters. ... She held the U.S. steeplechase record until Emma Coburn broke the mark in May 2016. ... In her Olympic event, the 1,500, Simpson is a three-time USATF Outdoor champion after winning the event at the U.S. Olympic Trials earlier this year. She won gold at 2011 World Championships and silver in 2013.
- Follow Jenny on Twitter: @trackjenny
Jeremy Dodson (Econ, Soc'10)
- Team: Samoa
- Event: 200 meters
- Result: Dodson finished fifth in his heat in the first round in 20.51 seconds. He did not advance to the next round.
- Olympic experience: This is Dodson's first Olympic Games.
- About Jeremy: While at CU, Dodson was a three-time All-American and set school records in the indoor and outdoor 200 meters. He was also an All-American at the University of Arkansas before transfering to CU to finish his degree and collegiate track career. ... Dodson is competing for Samoa, his mother's homeland.
- Follow Jeremy on Twitter: @_jdodson
Flora Duffy (Soc'13)
- Team: Bermuda
- Event: Triathlon
- Result: Duffy finished 8th in the women's triathlon.
- Olympic experience: Competed in 2012 Games in London (finished 45th) and the 2008 Games in Beijing (LAP)
- About Flora: Duffy said she came to CU for a change of pace from her island life in Bermuda and because it offered her the potential to restart her triathlon career which she put on hold after the 2008 Olympics. ... Duffy now splits her time between Boulder and Stellenbosch, South Africa.
- Follow Flora on Twitter: @floraduffy