The Spring 2020 application window will be open from 4 Nov 2019 to 18 Dec 2019
(NOTE: Please download this Application Guide in order to complete STEP 3 of your WINGS application)
Please see below information regarding enrollment, registration, inprocessing, and New Cadet Orientation.
Step 1: Enroll
Enroll as a full-time student at the University of Colorado, Boulder or at one of Detachment 105's crosstown schools. Click Here for a list of partnering universities/schools. Full-time student status is at least 12 credits per semester. AFROTC courses are not offered over summer terms.
Step 2: Register
Register for the required AFROTC class(es). Please view the AFROTC Registration document to determine specific course numbers for your respective school.
- If you are joining during the Spring semester and only have 3 years of college remaining (estimated graduation is May 2022), you must enroll in AIRR 1010 (or crosstown school equivalent) and AIRR 2010 (or crosstown school equivalent) concurrently. You must also register for Leadership Laboratory (AIRR 1234) which is held 1530 - 1850 every Thursday OR 0800 - 1000 every Friday. You must remain in the Leadership Laboratory day/time you opt to attend, for the entirety of the semester.
- If you are joining during the Fall semester and have 4 years of college remaining (estimated graduation May 2023), you must register for AIRR 1010 (or crosstown school equivalent) only. You must also register for Leadership Laboratory (AIRR 1234) which is held 1530 - 1850 every Thursday OR 0800 - 1000 every Friday. You must remain in the Leadership Laboratory day/time you opt to attend, for the entirety of the semester.
- UCD and UCCS students MUST complete a Concurrent Registration Form (available at your registrar’s office) with the AFROTC courses for which you are requesting to be enrolled, and have your Dean’s office sign/approve. You will then return the form to your respective registrar’s office. UCD and UCCS students MUST complete concurrent enrollment forms EVERY semester. All other crosstown cadets will need to work with their respective registrar’s office to enroll in the AFROTC courses. Any registration questions should be directed to email@example.com.
NOTE 1: Det 105 follows the CU Boulder academic calendar and non-CU Boulder students must plan accordingly to account for differences.
NOTE 2: All crosstown students (except UCCS and UCD) must register for Leadership Laboratory (AIRR 1234) through the CU Boulder Continuing Education/ACCESS Program.
Step 3: WINGS Application and Detachment Notification
To complete your enrollment, you must submit a completed AFROTC application in via the WINGS Holm Center Website. All applications are now submitted and processed online through the WINGS Holm Center website HERE. You are required to download the Application Guide and follow the step-by-step instructions on account creation and application completion.
Your AFROTC application must be submitted online via the WINGS webpage, and the in-processing checklist (page 27, Attachment 1 in the Application Guide) must be emailed to the firstname.lastname@example.org org box NLT 2359 on Wednesday, 18 December 2019. Your application email must include a completed Attachment 1 of the Application Guide, school/university you are attending, and contact information (phone and email address). This email will serve as a notification of your intent to apply to our detachment as a cadet. WINGS will not notify our staff of applicants who completed their application. You must contact us via email in order for our staff to review your WINGS application.
Once we receive your email, we will review your WINGS application. You will not be scheduled for in-processing or admitted into the program without a completed WINGS application (i.e. required documents uploaded, civil involvements identified, screening questionnaires completed) submitted by 2359 on Wednesday, 18 December 2019.
Step 4: Screening Interview and In-Processing
4a. Email email@example.com the completed Attachment 1 AND to request an interview/final in-processing appointment with Det 105 cadre (Include name, best contact number and email, and the school you are attending).
4b. Interviews/In-processing appointment will be conducted in-person on the following days at our Boulder Detachment (Folsom Field Gate 5, 2085 Colorado Ave, Boulder, CO). Applicants must wear business casual attire (i.e. khakis, polo, closed toe shoe, knee high dress, etc.).
This is a mandatory appointment. Please see times below.
Dates/Times are subject to change, please check back frequently for updates
Wednesday, 8 January 2020 at 1300 & 1400
Thursday, 9 January 2020 at 1300 & 1400
Friday, 10 January 2020 at 0800 & 0900
Monday, 13 January 2020 at 0900 & 1300
4c. You must bring the following documents to your appointment:
- All documents as outlined in the Attachment 1 of the Application Guide
- Original Birth Certificate (or certified true copy stamped by a notary)
- Original Social Security Card (or certified true copy stamped by a notary)
- Academic Degree Plan
- NOTE: Applicants without all required documents will be turned away and will be required to reschedule or reapply for Fall 2020.
Step 5: New Cadet Orientation
If admitted into the AFROTC program, you must attend New Cadet Orientation. This is a highly encouraged event.
New Cadet Orientation will be held TBD.
Navigate to the New Cadet Orientation tab or click here for more details.
We are located at Folsom Field Stadium, Gate 5 (2085 Colorado Ave, Boulder, CO 80309).
The UCCS Det 105 operating location will close after completion of the Spring 2019 term. UCCS cadets are encouraged to remain in the program and attend class and LLAB at our CU Boulder host location.
If you have further questions, need clarification, or have scheduling conflicts, contact Detachment 105 staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to meeting you and welcoming you to our Det 105 Thunderchief family!