Friday, May 6
- 7:00 - 9:00 p.m. – Aerospace Graduation Ceremony
- In-person, at CU Events Center (Doors open at 6 p.m.)
- This is the formal Smead Aerospace graduation ceremony and will include aerospace guests and each student being individually recognized by walking across the stage and receiving their diploma.
- Webcast: Relatives won't be able to make the event? All ceremonies held at the CU Events Center, including Smead Aerospace, will be webcast live. Watch the ceremony online here.
- Cap and Gown Information
- Undergraduate Students purchase regalia from the CU Book Store either in-store or online. The CU Book Store will be open at 7:30 a.m. Thursday, May 5 for last minute purchases.
- Master’s and Doctoral Students wear regalia purchased from Jostens. However, the deadline for online orders has now passed. Jostens will be on campus with a limited supply of regalia available for purchase the week of commencement in Balch Fieldhouse:
- Wednesday, May 4 from 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Thursday, May 5 from 7 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Friday, May 6 from 7 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Cords and Honors
- Students receiving Latin Honors or Engineering Honors will be contacted directly by the Dean's office by email at the end of April to pick up their cords or medals in advance of the graduation ceremony.
- Clear Bag Policy
- To support effective security measures, CU Events Center has strict limitations on bags and items that may be brought into the Center. To ensure that your graduation celebration is hassle-free, we recommend all ceremony attendees follow the clear bag requirements detailed below. With the exception of medical bags, all other bags must meet the requirements below:
- One clear bag no larger than 12” by 6” by 12”
- A one-gallon sized clear freezer bag
- Small clutch bags no larger than 4.5” by 6.5”
- A full list of permitted and prohibited bags and other items is available for download here.
- Parking: – All campus parking lots will be open on a “space available” basis for public parking during commencement. Parking on-campus, including at parking meters and pay station lots, is FREE on the day of Commencement and on all Recognition Ceremony Days (May 5 – 8).
- For guests with limited mobility, we recommend using the parking spots directly along Regent Drive in front of the Events Center or the western-most side of Lot 440 just north of the building. The double glass doors off Regent Drive are the designated ADA entrance and there will be staff there with wheelchairs to help escort guests. There will be reserved seating for limited mobility guests in the first few rows of the arena, as well as platforms along the concourse for guests in wheelchairs.
Family and friends are welcome to attend any and all events listed above and there is no limit to the number of guests.
If you have additional questions, please send those inquiries to email@example.com.
Thursday, May 5
- 8:30 a.m. – University-wide Commencement Ceremony
- In-person, at Folsom Field Stadium
- The university-wide event is a ceremony of all campus graduates and features the Chancellor and other special guests. Students do not walk across the stage.
- 11:00 a.m.- 2:00 p.m. – AES Reception
- In-person, held at the Aerospace Building
- This is a come and go event for aerospace students and their guests to attend following the University Ceremony. Refreshments will be served. There will be no formal programming, but awards will be given out from 12:00-1:00 p.m. in the lobby.