Old main

In addition to its focus on advising, the Academic Advising Center in Woodbury Hall serves as the Administrative Center for undergraduate students enrolled in the College of Arts and Sciences.  The Assistant Dean of the College oversees academic policies and procedures for undergraduates, including:

  • academic standing (e.g., alert, probation, dismissal and reinstatement)
  • registration and enrollment changes, after published deadlines (e.g., credit overloads, late drops from an individual course and retroactive adds into an individual course)*
  • grading status changes, after published deadlines for students (e.g. pass/fail to graded and no credit to credit) and faculty changes of student records (e.g., grade changes and changes in credit hours)*
  • academic certification and graduation (e.g., letters of good standing, letters of completion and retroactive graduation)
  • exceptions based on university error, extenuating circumstances or hardship (e.g., exceptions to graduation requirements and retroactive withdrawals)
  • transfer credit evaluation (e.g., pre-approval of courses or re-evaluation of courses previously taken at another institution)
  • intra-university transfers to and from the Colleges of Arts and Sciences

Many of the above-mentioned processes may require the student to submit a petition and documentation.  Petitions are individually reviewed by committee; not automatically approved.

Students enrolled in the College of Arts and Sciences come to the Academic Advising Center for information and assistance regarding such regulations and processes, as well as to submit forms, petitions, etc.

Please note that the Primary College or School of the University in which the student is enrolled makes decisions on enrollment requests, such as dropping courses, even if the course the student is taking is offered by one of the other Colleges or Schools (Business, Engineering, Environmental Design, Journalism or Music). 


*Academic dates and deadlines are published for each academic term by the Office of the Registrar.  Please see Colorado.edu/registrar.